Hi, high school senior here just going through the motions of college! Trying to get a gauge for where I’m at for upcoming RD deadlines to see if I want to add anything to my list.
- U.S. Citizen
- State/Location of residency: NH
- Type of high school: Public
- Gender/Race/Ethnicity: White Female
Depending on school offerings, ordered by preference:
(Most) Journalism/Broadcast Journalism, Creative Writing, Mass Communications, English (Least)
GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
- Unweighted HS GPA: 3.80/4
- Weighted HS GPA: 4.17/5
- Class Rank: 71 out of 276 (weighted)
- SAT Score: 1390 – 700 English, 690 Math
- 4 years of math, highest level: Calculus I
- 3 years of language, highest level: AP Spanish – 
My school offers plenty of AP and honors courses, so this is my biggest downfall. Unfortunately, I did not know the importance of academic rigor until this year.
- National Honors Society 11-12
- NH Scholars w/ Stem and Arts emphasis
- 4 years of volunteering with Peer Leadership (school club), (2* years) NHS, and on my personal accord @ soup kitchens, local nonprofits, and basic volunteering opportunities (drives, campus/community cleanups, etc)
- 4 years of MT w/ high school theater department and local theater organizations
– Leadership: Dance Captain (Grade 11)
- CIT at 12-day overnight camp
Strong writer, and strong connections with the teachers who wrote my recommendations. Hard to say if they’re strong pieces because it’s so subjective, but I received plenty of good feedback from my school’s college counselor.
Cost Constraints / Budget
Not submitting 2022-23 CSS profile, only the FAFSA. Budget is flexible and will be unpredictable until Spring, so open to many options!
[ROL] Keene State
[EA 1] Endicott
[EA 1] Hofstra
[EA 1] Quinnipiac
[RD] Boston College
[RD] George Washington
I’ve been accepted to Mizzou with the L1 Mark Twain Scholarship and an invitation to their honors program, and I’ve also been accepted to Plymouth State’s honors program with a presidential scholarship. I have yet to apply to Syracuse, BC, and GW.
– Also taking any recommendations similar to these schools! Thanks in advance!