Hey all, I just wanted some advice/chance-me’s for some colleges I’m planning on applying to.
Here is the list:
- UMass Amherst (Kinesiology)
- UConn (Physiology and Neurobiology)
- Pitt (Anthropology and Sociology)
- Boston U (Human Physiology)
- University of Washington (Physiology)
- Occidental (Kinesiology)
- NYU (Business and Political Economy)
- UNC Chapel Hill (Philosophy, Politics, and Economics “PPE”)
- U of Richmond (Philosophy, Politics, Economics, and Law “PPEL” with a Minor in Healthcare Studies)
- Rutgers BSMD
- Drexel BSMD
- Penn State BSMD
- Case Western BSMD
SAT: N/A (will take soon, but considering practice tests, I’m confident I can get 1490+)
GPA: 4.60/5 (school does not do rank or unweighted)
- AP Biology
- AP US History
- AP Lang
- AP Physics
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Psychology
- AP English Literature
there are others but these are the most important ones in my opinion
- Founder of Junior States of America Chapter: Facilitated weekly meetings and debates, organized events with political leaders, and taught political information necessary for conventions. Organized a panel with political members in the community.
- Speech and Debate Team Leader of Oral Interpretation: Communicated with coaches regarding members’ status and practice, attended state and national tournaments, and aided in coaching novice members
- Student Observer at [REDACTED] Health Clinic: Over 50+ hours shadowing physicians at a health clinic. Learned medical information and practices, and took blood pressure.
- Student Researcher at Research Made Simple Program: Conducted online medical research with the guidance of mentors. The research was on the topic of immunoglobulin therapy against immunodeficiency disorders. Research was published in the Immunome Journal, and it is in press at other journals.
- Founder and Mentor of the MediCases Program: Conducted an online program with over 100 international and domestic applicants to speak with doctors and diagnose/solve patient case. Mentored students in the process and aided in the final product of writing a case report review.
- Pianist for [REDACTED] Nursing Home Project: Organized a music program for children to spread positivity to seniors at a nursing home who can’t see their grandkids or suffer from health ailments.
- Member of Varsity Swim and Dive (only 1 year): Attended and participated in local and regional swim meets. Took time and managed team at several practices and meets.
sorry for all the redacted stuff but it’s personal info so i don’t want that going places
- 2020 State Champion in [REDACTED] at [REDACTED] State Tournament
- 2019 State Champion in [REDACTED] at [REDACTED] State Tournament Recipient of [REDACTED] Award (Given to one outstanding student on the Speech and Debate Team)
- Double Octofinalist at Harvard National Tournament in [REDACTED]
- Semifinalist in [REDACTED] at George Mason University National Tournament in
- Varsity Letter in Swim and Dive
Thank you for reading through all that!! I would really appreciate the advice/chances and thank you so much.