Chance me for Cornell, UVA, GWU, Georgetown, American ED, Wellesley, suny Binghamton

gpa- 91.32 weighted
Sat- not sure but expecting a 1250+
Ecs- editor in chief of newspaper club, treasurer of model Un, VP of environmental club, national honors society girl leader, college mentor, volunteer for BERNIE sanders primary campaign, volunteer for HILLARY Clintons general campaign, volunteer for William Colton reelection campaign, member of girl up campaign, member of history club, volunteer for Brooklyn public library, volunteer for a Russian theatre company, intern working with kids with special needs, Jewish resources aide at a camp, and a tutor for two girls.

SUNY STONYBROOK, Brooklyn college city college hunter college Syracuse, fordham, Baruch

Even with your credentials Cornell, Wellesley, UVA, and Georgetown will be extreme reaches for you.

Do you think I would have a chance for UVA or Georgetown if I raised my sat score more?

Yes, very much. And wellesley has very political atmosphere, so Hillary Campaign would highlight you a bit

Those ECs are very good. You will very likely be admitted to American ED.

Chance me back: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1936788-predict-my-results-stanford-mit-princeton-cmu-and-others.html#latest

@lampbook, please take my note as some of these being reach schools to mean not to apply. I think you should apply to them all. You never know what a given school is looking for in any given year. You may have the right combination of qualifications for any one of them. And yes, if you can improve your SAT scores, it will only prove your odds. Another factor that is very important for colleges is the rigor of your curriculum. If you have taken and are taking AP, IB and Dual Enrollment classes, then your GPA means a great deal more. Good luck.

@akin67 yes I have taken several ap classes. Do you think I should stick with ED for American University?

@lampbook only you can answer that question. If you already applied ED, my suspicion is you are already committed there. I am not sure what the rules are for changing from an ED to RD. Even if you can switch it would now jeopardize your chances of getting into American. What was the reason behind your applying ED to American? I would suggest you wait to hear back, which will probably be sometime in mid December. Typically the only excusable way out of an ED acceptance is affordability. If you applied for financial aid, and if their aid is insufficient, then you can get out of your commitment without any penalty. If you don’t get in, then you can apply to some of these other schools as EDII if you love them.

@akin67 i am applying ED 2 to American

Cornell: Far reach
UVA: Reach
GWU: Match
Georgetown: Far reach
American ED: Low match/safety
Wellesley: Reach
suny Binghamton: Safety

Chance back: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1936862-chance-me-ill-chance-back.html#latest

@lampbook If American is truly your first choice, go for it. From your earlier posts you seem not be sure about this. Why do you like American? What do you want to major in? Will you be applying for financial aid? Make sure you run the net price calculator to have an idea of what it will cost you. American typically meets less than 75% of demonstrated need. You may have a shot at some of the better liberal arts colleges that meet 100% of demonstrated need.

I love American because it’s incredibly politically active. What other schools do you think I would be a match for? @akin67

I want to major in political science