Other reach schools: Northwestern, Swarthmore, Cornell, UPenn, Duke, Washu
US Citizen, Asian (Korean), Living abroad, Studying at an International school, Female
GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
Our school does not rank, offers IB Diploma Curriculum (7 max per subject, 45 max total)
IB: Predicted 44/45 with higher-level Biology (7), Chemistry (7), Maths (7)
IGCSE: 6A*, 4A
GPA: 6.2/7 (I had a huge downfall in my junior year, which worries me, but I could maintain a 7 in Biology)
SAT: 1510 (Verbal 710, Maths 800) (planning to retake next week)
UK Mathematics Trust Gold & Silver / Spanish award / DofE Bronze
(Yes… my awards section does not stand out)
- Research with a JHU researcher (produced an unpublished literature review on the field of cardiology)
- National/regional neuroscience competition coordinator
- Marketing leader of a project implemented by the country’s largest NGO (country in Southeast Asia)
- Internship at a small local Ltd
- Student government (prefect)
- President of the chemistry club
- Leader of the first aid club
- Leader of the English teaching club to students from a local school
I cannot guess how strong, but I wrote a very genuine, unique personal statement and supplemental essays that took me over five months.
2 Subject Teachers, 1 School Counsellor, 1 Peer, 1 JHU researcher
Cost Constraints / Budget
I am applying for Financial Aid for all schools.
I am also open to other suggestions, including match and safety schools!