Chance me for Elite Schools - Will Chance Back

<p>Sex: Male
Race: White
State: IN</p>

<p>SAT I: 2230 -- 1510/1600 (will retake)
ACT: 33<a href="likely%20to%20retake">/b</a>
**Subject Tests:
Physics 800, Math II 800, USH 770, Bio 770 (most likely will not submit biology)
GPA: 4.0/4.0 (Unweighted) 4.??/4.0 (Weighted - I've really lost track)
CC Academic Index: 235 (9/9)</p>

<p>--</p>

<h2>I understand that my ACT is weaker than my SAT I, and I hope to improve both of those scores. One of my major concerns is if my scores are weak enough that, considering my perfect GPA and pretty good ECs, will I be held back?</h2>

<p>Likely National Merit SF, Guarenteed NMC.</p>

<p>APs
Sophomore Year
USH - 5
Computer Science - 5</p>

<p>Junior Year
Economics - Likely 5
BC Calc - Likely 5
English Language - 5 (really guarenteed)
Physics - 5 (same as above)
Biology - likely 5 </p>

<p>Leadership Positions:
Debate Team Founder and Captain
Science Olympiad Team Founder and Captain
Mock Trial Team Founder and Captain
Speech Team President
Model UN Team President
Yearly Literary Publication Editor-in-Chief
Monthly Literary Publication Lead Editor
Newspaper Opinion Editor
Student Government Vice-President
JETS TEAMS Captain
Economics Challenge Founding Member</p>

<p>Other Activities
Varsity Track - 2 Years
JV Tennis - 4 Years</p>

<p>Awards:
State Speech Champion 2010
State Speech Runner-Up 2009
JETS TEAMS State Runner-Up, District Champion, Thirty-Something in Nation
Economics Challenge State Runner-Up
2x Gold Keys in Writing
1x Silver Key in Writing
1x Commended in Writing
Rotarian of the Month
Rotary Club District Champion - Original Oratory</p>

<p>Community Service/Other
Independent Project - I completed a 45 page paper on Genetic Algorithms and their relationship to computer sentience that was considered "graduate-level" by one of the experts that came in from the outside to review it. It will most likely be published.</p>

<p>Founded Debate Program for Middle Schoolers - This is a program that I committed a lot of time to getting done that brings debate into Middle Schools. Although it is in its early stages, we've seen great results and will likely see much more!</p>

<p>100+ Volunteer Hours - working at numerous different places</p>

<p>Work as a DJ for four years through my high school and other surrounding schools</p>

<p>Self-Taught AP Economics - likely 5</p>

<p>My Application
I will most likely center my application around my experience in speech and debate, particularly in the Debate Program that I've founded. I may try to send in my Independent Project if allowed. I doubt most will read it, but it ought to show my resolve and capability to accomplish large projects at high levels of intelligence - or is this just stupid?</p>

<p>Senior Year -- My schedule is just as hard as the past years. I'm not worried.</p>

<p>Chance Me At
Stanford
Harvard (Legacy)
UPenn
Princeton
Yale
Dartmouth
MIT
Columbia
NYU</p>

<p>If you have a moment, tell me what I can improve in my last year. Link your thread and I will chance back.</p>

<p>you have a decent shot at the top ones, just remember, they are reaches for pretty much everyone</p>

<p>@hahahah: I know I probably shouldn't be wasting people's time by asking them to chance me. I probably just should have asked about the test scores. I don't really need an ego stroke, but I'm just up in the air about the test scores.</p>

<p>How much higher do I need to go? I know that a 1510/1600 is more than most dream for, but what should I be aiming for? Also, I'm assuming that using the official SAT/ACT concordance thing, I should submit my SAT rather than my ACT?</p>

<p>I don't think you should retake your SAT. It's not the best you can get maybe, but it's good enough. I've heard somewhere that the top colleges dislike candidates who take sats again after they have got a good score. They want to see your original abilities, not the scores you get after much test prep...Anyway, this is just a suggestion.</p>

<p>You've got a pretty good chance and your activities are really consistent and fruitful. But to truly shine among the ocean of elite candidates that apply to the Ivies, perhaps you need something eyectaching. I liked the DJ part but not sure if admissions officers would~</p>

<p>Oh yeah...and I don't want any chancing but it would be nice of you to help me out with a US history thread i posted on sat subject prep~ Thx~!</p>

<p>You have a good chance at any college you apply to. Take a breather, you don't need to retake anything.</p>

<p>Alright, I'll think about it. I would love to break 2250 individual sitting, or 35 on the ACT -- even if that might become an ego booster. I could care less about SAT writing, I would just love a 1550ish out of 1600.</p>

<p>The odds could only go up if you could push that SATI into the rafters, assuming you didn't take like nine tries to do it.</p>

<p>The 2230 only took me one try, so I'm hoping I can get it even further up in October -- If I decide to take it again.</p>

<p>I agree, you're most likely fine with your test scores simply because of how amazing your EC's and community service are. A school looks at test scores, of course, but your application is a huge factor as well, especially at school's like the Ivy's where EVERYBODY has high test scores, haha.</p>

<p>You're probably into Harvard as a legacy whether you make it into the others or not.</p>

<p>You're ECs are probably good enough to carry you into most, if not all, of these schools even with your current scores. But why not take take another crack at the SAT or ACT? If you get a 35 or 2300 you would be golden.</p>

<p>Your ECs are very good and I think you have a good chance at all of those schools. Just write good essays and you will be fine. Will probably get into at least half of them.</p>

<p>Please chance me at:
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/952985-please-chance-mit-caltech-others-need-advice.html#post1065155375%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/952985-please-chance-mit-caltech-others-need-advice.html#post1065155375&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>