Hello, I am a female applying to Exeter, Lville, Hotchkiss and a few other schools, including schools with higher acceptance rates.
- I am from the mountain west, domestic, public HS
- I’m applying for repeat 11th grade
- GPA: 4.2/4.0
- I’m a sophomore at the moment, but I will be a junior next year and I will be doing the IB diploma
- I don’t have test scores yet, but I’m taking the PSAT this fall and hopefully I get a good score.
- I do research at Columbia Zuckerman Neuroscience Institute under the supervision professor. I am mentored by two PhD students and we do a lot of cool projects and experiments online. I also published some of those findings and other interesting articles in a youth neuroscience journal.
- I am on the Youth Advisory Council of the congressman representing my district, where we meet every few weeks with him and discuss important issues that our communities face.
- I am actively involved with the digital chapter of Greta Thunberg’s organization Fridays For Future (FFF) and I have a few roles within the digital chapter.
- I do community service, and have recently received the congressional gold medal.
- I did state level climate change lobbying, where I met with many state senators and representatives and talked to them about what bills they could support that would help battle climate change. I will definitely continue doing this wherever I go.
- I am also very involved with my school. I am in the National Honors Society, student government, mock trial and high school democrats. I also started my own club at my school.
- I played the piano for a long time, so I’ll probably submit a video of me playing.
- I am on the JV cross country team at my school as well.
Overall, what do you think my chances are? The main problem I am facing is that I already repeated a grade before (10th grade) because I lived abroad, but I don’t want to apply for 12th grade since those spots are mainly reserved for recruited athletes. Would this affect my application? I am totally fine with repeating 11th, but I’m not sure how the schools would look at it.