Chance me for MIT, UT AUSTIN, RICE, TEXAS A&M, MCGILL, Concordia (Montreal), U of Calgary

I am an African male from Cameroon and a hIgh school senior. I have a strong academic record and kinda good standardized test scores, strong essays, good extra curricular activities and leadership skills.

I passed in all my 11 papers at the GCE O-Levels scoring 10 A’s and 1 B ( A in physics, chemistry, maths, additional maths, biology, economics, geography, history, religious studies, French and a B in English language).

Have topped my class since my first year of secondary school, scoring straight A’s. Presently the first of my class( 1/45), offering 5 subjects ( Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, and Further Maths), which is the highest number one can offer. Presently have straight A’s in all of them.

As for standardised tests scored 100 on TOEFL ( Reading-25, Speaking-20, Writing-28, Listening-27). Scored a ( dunno if its too low) 1290 in the SAT ( Math-710 R&W-580) which was the first and only time I wrote. Scored a 680 in Math I SAT subject test and a 690 on the SAT Chemistry subject test.

As for extra curriculars, I am the Dormitory prefect of my school and our Class Representative. I am the leader of a Further Maths study group. I was the leader of the Chemistry department at our school’s science fair and also participated. Involved in a lot of science themed activities recently which I mentioned in my applications. I was the leader of a religious club, a choir and an a Capella group.

I often volunteer in camp in cleaning, clearing off bushes and carrying logs of wood for cooking. I used to volunteer in our school library. I tutor junior students preparing for the GCE O Levels during some weekends and I am involved in a reforestation scheme in my village in a fight against Global warming and wood insufficiency.

Two years ago I won first prize at a Regional Brain trust competition. Also won second prize at a Regional Youth week competition. My a Capella group won best performance at a youth week presentation. I was nominated for Genius of the year and was awarded a prize for neatest student.

I have completed all my admission requirements (applying for Civil Engineering) and am awaiting admission decisions. I will be going on for the GCE A- Levels in June 2018 hoping to get straight A’s

You have a match for Texas A&M engineering. For UT Austin, it’s a high reach considering you’re out of state, and your SAT score is below the average for an engineering student. MIT will be an extremely high reach for you. I’m not sure for the other schools.

I recently got into Texas A&M.