Chance Me for Penn State, Rutgers University, U of Iowa, UCSD, University of Florida,

Please chance for Penn State, Rutgers University, U of Iowa, UCSD, University of Florida,
Be brutally honest.( Even though I’ll get upset, I need to know)

Stats:
African Female Junior in the state of Iowa
GPA: 3.7966 ( I messed up Soph Yr. and got some B’s and 1 C)
Rank: 103/ 501 (Yikes!)

ACT: 23 ( awful test taker) 26 Writing (I will retake)
APs: AP US History, AP Psychology,

Will be taking: AP English Lang., AP Statistics, AP Computer Science

My school doesn’t offer all of the APs that I would to take.

ECs:
HyperStream ( 1 Year)
FCCLA (2 years)
Silver Cord( Volunteering) (3 years)
JV Volleyball(1 Year)

Other Stuff:
I work two jobs
I tutor middle schoolers

Will be applying to Major in Computer Science and Statistics ( minor in Criminology)

Can you afford $47k/year for PSU? (If not, take it off your list and replace it with a more affordable substitute.)

Is your GPA weighted or unweighted?

Penn State places more emphasis on GPA than test scores, but I would still get that ACT up. Check out Common Data Sets (Google it with school name to find) to see how you compare to accepted freshmen.

UCSD Freshman Profile 2015. You need to be above the averages to have a chance at CS (super competitive).

UC GPA (weighted/capped):
4.13
ACT Composite Score:
30
SAT Critical Reading:
657
SAT Mathematics:
705

Are you in-state CA or OOS? If OOS, is $55K/year affordable since you will receive no FA.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Im OOS and i’m not sure if my GPA unweighted or weighted ( most likely weighted). And yes, I can afford that much for school. But I’m hoping to get some scholarships so my parents dont have really pay. I dont want them to feel strained.

You can actually calculate by a formula on Iowa’s site. May give you peace of mind