Chance me for public policy (education/equity focus) @ t20 schools! [New England Resident, 1540 SAT, 4.0 GPA UW, 4.64 W]

I think you may have misinterpreted the course requirements under VPA for the UCs.

“1 year required
One year of college-preparatory visual & performing arts required, chosen from one of the following disciplines: dance, music, theater, visual arts (e.g., painting, web/graphic design, film/video, inter/multimedia arts), or interdisciplinary arts.”

The UCs want a full year of the same discipline. That would be Ceramics 1 for the first semester, and Ceramics 2 for the second semester. The animation class would work the same way.

From another website at LAUnified: “A single yearlong approved arts course from a single VPA discipline: dance, drama/theater, music or visual art.”

A number of students take AP Art History because it is a yearlong course and gets an additional AP score/ grade.

1 Like

I think if both semester-long courses are in visual arts (and I understand ceramics and animation to both be in visual arts), it works. From Subject requirement (A-G) | UC Admissions … “One yearlong course of visual and performing arts chosen from the following disciplines: dance, music, theater, visual arts or interdisciplinary arts — or two one-semester courses from the same discipline is also acceptable.” It’d be nice if their writing were consistent across their websites to cut down on confusion.

1 Like

And the cold winters at these schools are still OK with you…

Hi :slight_smile: I have been accepted to Georgetown in the REA round. I am very very happy about it and looking forward to the remainder of my decisions

14 Likes

Congratulations! :collision::rainbow::high_voltage:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.

Thread opened for OP to update

Hi everyone! Thank you to the mods for letting me update :slight_smile:

Acceptances:

Harvard University (!!!)

University of Pennsylvania

Barnard College of Columbia

Georgetown University

University of Southern California (National Merit Scholarship)

William and Mary (1683 Scholar - full ride in state and half ride out of state, Monroe Scholar, Provost Scholar)

Williams College

UNC Chapel Hill

UConn

UMD

UVA

state school

Northeastern (New York Scholars)

American University (Presidential Scholar, AU Honors)

Waitlists:

Amherst College

Rejections:

Yale University

UCLA

UC Berkeley

Waiting on:

Stanford

Duke

Boston University

Appreciate you all!! :white_heart:

12 Likes

That’s incredible!!

Which are affordable? I know you had your state school as backup but hopefully at USC or W&M or others, they are affordable.

Really great outcome.

Congrats.

Congratulations! And best wishes for college.

How exciting. Congratulations :tada:

Wow! Way to run the table! Congrats!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Good luck deciding; they’re amazing choices.

you should be very proud

Congratulations! ! ! You knocked it out of the park!

Not only do you have many impressive acceptances, it looks like USC and William & Mary are very attractive financially as well. Are you still waiting on financial offers at some schools?

1 Like

More updates:

Stanford - Rejected

Duke - Waitlisted

Boston University - Accepted with Kilachand Honors College and Presidential Scholarship (half tuition)

These are all of my results and almost all of my financial offers - I’m so happy with how this cycle went for me even if I had some ups and downs. I live in the northeast so many of the schools I was actually accepted to are super close to home anyways! Right now I’m really trying to choose between Harvard, Georgetown, and William and Mary (W&M is flying me out so thats a plus lol).

7 Likes

Have you been to Gtown ? Is there a way to somehow combine with W&M - maybe a parent can join.

Congrats on great acceptances.

That’s fabulous…all of your results are just terrific. Congratulations :tada::tada:.

Enjoy your visit(s) as you make this choice. Honestly, they are all excellent choices!

Looking forward to hearing the final choice!

2 Likes