Reposting due to getting no replies.
Just starting college apps now and would like some suggestions on where to apply and what my chances are for my dream schools like Stanford and Columbia. Rising Senior.
Intended Major: Computer Science and Mathematics
Intended Minor: Business
Personal Details: Asian Male
Financial Aid: No need for financial aid
3.97 GPA (UW); 4.5+(W)
HG(4), WH(4), Stats(5), Chem(5), Lang(4), USH(5), Calc AB(5), CS Prin (5), CSA(5), Psych(5).
ACT: 35, essay 10
PSAT: 1470 (will likely get Semi-finalist due to predicted cutoff)
Subject Tests: Math II (800); Chemistry (800); Physics (800)
- Worked as Camp Counselor for Kiwanis Camp Casey (336 hrs).
- Varsity Tennis Player (3 years so far) + Team Captain (senior year) + Districts Champion and State competitor
- Created a small non-profit organization called Lib Tutors (donated money to needy organizations)- Initially was a platform through which people from my area could get free tutoring from people from my high school. This offered online summer classes (corona) and also one-on-one tutoring through discord. Before school starts, we will integrate with our school's National Honor Society in the form of a club offering service events so we can open our services to anyone at Liberty. Lib Tutors became a fairly popular tool used by my high school.
- Worked as a paid math, computer science, and chemistry tutor for family friends and peers. A job that took quite a bit of time. (I hope admissions officers take this into account).
- Completed two online courses.
- Introduction to Computer Science Course from Harvard University (CS50).
- Astrophysics Course from EdX (ANUx's Astrophysics XSeries).
PR Officer for National Honors Society
Science Olympiad for two years
Patriot Crew - helps freshmen get oriented (minor activity)
- Will be president of Lib Tutors club once school begins (extends Lib Tutors organization)
- Will participate in a neuroscience camp at the University of Washington in a few days. Called YSP-Reach (Center for Neurotechnology Virtual REACH Program).