Hello. Anyone’s opinion would be appreciated on my chances of getting accepted into top boarding schools- Andover, Exeter, Deerfield, Lawrenceville, and some others.
I’m from Virginia, I am in 8th grade applying for 9th, and I’m an Asian American female.
I scored a 97 on the SSAT, and I had average/okay interviews with all schools. I’ve had all A’s in school for 7th and 8th. I take all honors classes and I’m currently in geometry for math. I believe my essays were on the better side compared to the average 8th grade student. My teachers recs were probably on the better side, but I don’t know.
- My main focus is visual art.
- I also play the violin (8 years) and am in my school’s highest orchestra.
- I am part of my school’s Model UN team.
- Debate club that I created with 60 members.
- I do a little bit of service work as part of an organization.
- I like to dance as a hobby.
- NJHS member
- Scholastic regional awards for artwork: One gold key, and two silver keys.
- Won gold award for a poem in a regional contest
- Won regional honorable mention in an art contest.
- received the highest award for two different standardized tests I took.
- Honor roll every quarter
Other- I sent in an art portfolio, and I applied for financial aid. I will be needing full financial aid or very close, because my family is far from financially stable.
Thank you so much! Anyone’s opinion is appreciated.