Hope you all are doing well. It would be really wonderful if you could chance me for Tufts University ED2 as an international student.
Intended Major: Economics with a minor in CS
Demographics: Male, Asian (International Student)
Scores: Cambridge A-levels(Economics, Business Studies, Computer Science, Mathematics: A* A* A* B) (I have 2 C’s and 5 B’s in my transcript in total.)
While converting my grades to GPA I get around 3.9 but I don’t think it works like that at universities so let that be.
Rank: 20(Best highschool in the nation)
Classes: Took the most rigorous classes available
So I think my ECs are pretty good but it’d be really good to know if they are good enough to cover the B’s and C’s in my transcript.
- Research: Couple of published research in Economics, got paper reviewed by the former Senior Economist at the World Bank, work with a team of graduates from the LSE.
- Issued A-levels Econ, CS, and Mathematics Revision Guides available nationwide.
- Developed a nationwide online learning platform in a team of 4 and sold my sudoku solver app for $250.
- Startup to recycle and sell unused products online (first of its kind in nation); Revenue: $800.
- Community Service: Taught English and Maths to 150 K-5 underprivileged students. Donated fund, computers, and stationeries to their school.
- President: Organized Interschool event, raised $3000, had more than 250 participants.
- Yougest Leader at an Intl Entrepreneurship Bootcamp (MIT Sloan), led my team to Top-4 of 150 business ideas, led a program on product devt. (200+ people)
- Modified and maintained school website, prepared a library database system, created GUI apps and websites (25+)
- 3rd of 60 people in Indian Intl MUN, raised $500 for interschool MUN, mentored new debate club members.
- Lead guitarist in annual school reunion concert; Performed at National Academy x5; Played at cultural shows, talent shows, and assemblies (30+ times)
- Published Economics journal in a National News Portal.
- Winner of National Poem Composition Competition (350 participants).
- In the starting 11 of the school cricket team for International School Cricket Premier League-2018.
- 20+ Econ and CS course completion certificates from Coursera.
- Finalist at the National Olympics Quiz.
Essays: I’ve asked few of my friends to score my essays and all of them have said they’re 8/10. An essay reviewing service too said that my essays engage the reader and keep them at the edge of their seats until the very last sentence. So yeah: 8/10
Thank you so much!