Rising senior here interested in Econ/Finance/Business. Interested in seeing some opinions on my chance for UChicago ED.
Chinese Male, NC, small charter school, no hooks
ACT: 34 (30M, 36E, 36S, 35R)
SAT: Didn’t take
UW/W GPA and Rank:
School doesn’t rank
Coursework: AP/IB/Dual Enrollment classes, AP/IB scores, etc
School caps AP enrollment. I’ve taken the most allowed, which is APES sophomore year, currently in AP Lang and APUSH. Senior year I am taking AP Bio, Calc AB, Psych, Macroecon and auditing Stat.
State champ in golf (not good enough to get recruited)
Extracurriculars: Include leadership & summer activities
- Dual-enrolled through competitive math and science school in my state. Unique courses not found at many high schools, the ones I’ve taken so far are Data Science and Cryptography.
- Founder and President of DECA chapter at high school. Didn’t do many activities due to covid. (11)
- Co-pres. of finance-based club at high school. (10-11)
- Summer program through above-mentioned math and science school. 3 week long biomedical engineering course, completed research paper on covid-related topic (summer before 11)
- 2-week program working with 3 other students in my state to provide a business solution to the NC science and engineering fair. Pitched our idea to board members and directors of the fair. (11)
- Tutoring w/ local nonprofit. Nonprofit is an established part of the community, and mostly serves underprivileged youth. (10-11)
- Soccer Refereeing w/ local club (8th-11)
- Chick-Fil-A job (summer before 11th and summer before 12th)
- JV/Varsity Soccer (9-11) 5 days/week
- Golf (9-11) 2-3 days/week
Essay: Will spend a lot of time on these, but obv can’t judge my strengths here.
LOR: Math teacher, had for 2 years (9-10) and worked on service projects together. Second: AP Lang teacher, knows me decently well.