Chance me for UCLA plz

<p>Year: upcoming junior
School Profile: non competitive, all black, catholic high school in St louis, MO</p>

<p>schools im looking at: UCLA, USC, LMU, NYU, UCB, and WASHU (only because my mom teaches there) I plan to be a pre med</p>

<p>Legacys: USC: mom and grandfather UCLA: mom</p>

<p>GPA: 3.83 UW (our school does not have a weighted system)
Freshman: no AP's
Soph: 2 honors courses
Junior: 1 college credit and 1 honors
Class rank: 3/95
SAT: Taking in October or January, I am not the best test taker (average) I hope to get a 1800-2000
ACt: I took a practice test a few times, and superscored a 22 =(</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
3 years lettered in Varisty football
JV track and field (freshman year only)
Ferring Scholars program
National African American Youth Initiative
Brotherhood leadership program
National Honors Society (hopefully getting in this year)</p>

<p>*I am also shadowing my local orthodontist and dentist</p>

<p>Volunteering:
100+ volunteer hrs by senior year
VA medical hospital volunteer
Local library volunteer
Special Olympics volunteer</p>

<p>Ethnicity: African American</p>

<p>Location: St. Louis, MO.... But I was born in Los angeles, California... if that makes any difference lol</p>

<p>also, money is not really an issue because WashU is paying half or more of my college tuition.. I will probably end up doing AFROTC to pay off the rest of the tuition.</p>

<p>You have a very slim chance of acceptance.</p>

<p>The rigor of your coursework is underwhelming. While you have an average unweighted GPA, admissions will not ignore the lack of honors or AP work you have completed.</p>

<p>Your test scores are not of the UCLA standard. While you have not taken the SAT yet, given your 22 on the ACT, the chances you will receive even an 1800 on your SAT is unlikely. Your score is roughly equivalent to a "1560 - 1610" on the SAT. Given the most wistful projections, I would not expect higher than a 1700. </p>

<p>The average UCLA student has a 2070 SAT score and an ACT equivalent of ~29. Even among the Africans and Hispanics I know, scores comparable to yours are rather uncommon. </p>

<p>Being an out-of-state African, I am uncertain whether you will even be subject to the benefits of "holistic" review; but, even if you were, the chances you will be admitted is still unlikely.</p>

<p>Work on your SAT and enroll in more rigorous classes if that is still possible. That is the only way to salvage your situation. Given your current circumstances, I would consider all your universities of interest "reach" schools.</p>

<p>I agree that there is a slim chance, judging by what we know right now.</p>

<p>However, there are two possibilities worth mentioning:</p>

<p>1.) Does your school offer AP classes? If not, and you truly took the hardest courseload available at your particular school, they aren't supposed to hold that against you.</p>

<p>2.) You may indeed do much better on the SAT than you did on the ACT. Some people are just better-suited for one test than the other. For instance, I got a 26 on ACT (which is around an 1800 on SAT conversion chart), but I got a 2140 on the actual SAT. That's a huge leap, obviously. So definitely take the SAT and see what happens.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Since my school is so small, there are not many AP's or honors to even choose from, this is basically the rigorous courseload</p>