Chance me for UCs?

<p>Hi, i'm currently a junior in high school.
Wondering what my chances are for the UCs - especially Berkeley, Irvine, UCLA, UCSD</p>

<p>White / female
GPA: 4.0 (unweighted) 4.67 (weighted)
SAT: 2050 (640 M; 670 R; 740 W) i'm going to retake it soon, aiming for 2150.
Took AP chemistry sophomore year - 4 on the exam
This year i'm taking AP Euro, AP Calc AB, AP Environmental Science, AP Psychology
For my senior year, I plan on taking AP Biology, AP Statistics, AP Language, and AP Economics.</p>

<p>I have volunteered over 300 hours at a local hospital, and I've also volunteered for American Cancer Society (relay for life fundraisers, etc.), unified sports, and a few minor other ones. This past summer I did an internship at the hospital NICU and Cancer Treatment Center. </p>

<p>I'm not a resident of California, but my family plans on moving there in a year or so.</p>

<p>Also, what are my chances of receiving merit aid and/or being accepted to an honors program?
I plan on becoming a Nurse Practitioner (nursing major).</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Can't speak to the merit aid/honors programs, but from your GPA and SATs, it looks like you have an excellent shot!
I'd say UCSD and Irvine absolutely, while Berkeley and UCLA are a bit harder to predict. You've definitely got the stats though.</p>

<p>Thanks! What about University of San Diego or University of San Francisco?
I'm hoping I could get some kind of merit aid, since they're both private.</p>

<p>By the way, I'd be applying as OOS, since I'll be graduating here.
Are my stats still decent enough to have a good chance to Irvine OOS?</p>

<p>I'm applying to some of those UC's and would also like to be a nurse practitioner too :). You will get in to Irvine, probably UCSD too. You have a shot UCB and UCLA. You should consider applying to Irvine and UCLA's undergraduate nursing program, because it is easier and shorter to have a nursing career that way. All other UC's don't offer nursing as a major btw. You should get some merit aid with your good gpa. Being an out of state student might reduce your chances for aid, but i'm not sure. Most students receive some sort of aid (need-based, merit, financial aid etc) If your family is eligible for financial aid i suggest you file the FAFSA form. Also apply to scholarships and stuff.</p>

<p>Whoaa, is that weighted GPA capped or uncapped?
Anyways, I think you are definitely in Irvine, most likely in SD, and you have a great shot at UCLA and UCB, especially because the UCs are academic oriented. Your GPA is amazing and you have a decent SAT. The extracurriculars seem a bit weak, but I think that's okay because UCs don't look at that too strictly. Good luck to you!</p>

<p>Chance me back please (:</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1241354-decent-gpa-high-sat-1-weak-ecs.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1241354-decent-gpa-high-sat-1-weak-ecs.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>