Chance me for UMich (EA)/ USC (EA) Priv Catholic NY, 1440 SAT, Political science, 98.7 GPA W [NJ resident, 4.0 unweighted GPA, <$80k, political science / philosophy / economics (not pre-law)]

That’s a loan. A loan isn’t aid. It’s gotta be paid back. Yes they call it aid but I differ.

maybe UCSB bcuz they won’t see your score.

if I had to guess - no to Michigan and UVA but surprise me. I’m conservative in my chancing.

Tulane - if you demonstrated interest is possible. Lehigh and Syracuse likely but money isn’t necessarily although more likely at SU than Lehigh

BU no and if you got in, no merit money

LMU yes

UMD / Wisconsin leaning yes

SDSU yes

Given your major, I’d like to see Pitt and Bing as they both are strong in PP but L - as as a Tulane complement - College of Charleston which has a PPL (law instead of econ) concentration as well. It’s very urban and a fine rep in this area and an easier in.

Some of these schools have a wealthy student body which could impact your social life - if you can’t keep up $$ wise on extras

Good luck.

So you have a nice profile but chancing when like over 90,000 apply is really tough. You have the profile they look for. Having scores above your school’s mean is great. Your also challenging yourself.

So the question is how many students apply to Michigan and how many get accepted and how many matriculate there?

As you know it’s a reach for everyone. Definitely have back up schools your happy to attend such as the ones mentioned.

Good luck

about 16 from my school apply and 4 get in. this has been a trend for the past 3 ish years, but I know everything is different with ED this year. I definitely would be happy with a lot of my targets or safeties, I just was wondering what my chances are. Thanks so much

That’s actually higher then I expected. :slightly_smiling_face:Michigan avg is 3.9 GPA unweighted with 32-34 Act so your equivalent is there but honestly would like to see your Sat higher. Especially being OOS.

But the good thing is your school has a track record.

They do follow those student’s for performance profiles to some extent.

I think your chances are better than previously stated but.. And it’s a big but…. No one actually knows since it’s the first time doing ED. They might be looking at even higher profile students and no one knows how many students this will be.

Keep something in mind. Whether you’re accepted in ED or in April. It still an acceptance. But…. Have safeties like you do. It’s still a long shot but sometimes long shots work out.

Good Luck.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.