Hi all, I’m a junior in high school and am looking to go to USAFA so tell me what you think. Here’s my stats.
- GPA = Weighted 4.0, Unweighted 3.7
- SAT = haven’t taken yet but practice SAT’s scored 1450
- National Chemistry Olympiad Finalist (top 20/1000), didn’t pass study camp for internationals (top 6/20)
-California Scholarship Federation
- Will be taking PSAT to go for hispanic merit scholar program
- Varsity since sophomore year in xc and track, soph runner of the year
- xc and track team captain
- ran at state meet, trying again this year
- Advanced peer counselor (Run school assemblies and activities that usually has a theme such as mental health/gratitude/resilience every year and provide support to students who reach out to us)
- Working a part time job as a mentor for elementary school students
- Started a games club for new students to get to know other new students and upperclassmen
- Started a Non-profit charity that donates used running shoes of high school athletes in my community to be sent to high schools of disadvantaged communities at the end of every season
- both parents did not attend college
- Self taught pianist for over probably 500 songs memorized but just love playing it
Let me know your thoughts!