Hi everyone, please chance me on my application and I’m a little insecure about my application, especially my ECs. Let me know what I can improve on (sorry this post is so long)
- Asian female: Vietnamese/Taiwanese
- Language: fluent in Vietnamese, Chinese, and English
- Currently, a sophomore attending CA's community college. Wishing to transfer as a Junior, majoring in Business Admin Management
- Not a legacy
- No financial aid needed
CC Stats GPA:
Fall 2019: 3.75 ==> only took 12 units because some of my IB scores is transferrable
Spring 2020: 3.88 ==> Only have 12 unit cuz of the pandemic and I had to move back to Vietnam
Summer 2020: GPA 3.9
Fall 2020: I took more classes and so I think I got like 14-15
Spring 2021: Planning to have 18 units.
Current standing: Dean’s list
High School Stats (Did IB Diploma, 6 IB courses cuz I went to a private school)
- IB Total: 33
==> I know it’s not the best compared to many IB folks, and I don’t know if I should report this at all.
- Student-athlete for a year (Women Basketball)
- Business honor societies ==> Alpha Beta Gamma
- Internship at Vietnamese top 1 e-commerce corp for 3 months => I worked in the Marketing department
- Director of PR at my CC's student government for a year (ending soon)
- Member of Vietnam YPO Next Generation. ==> it's a global group of Citigroup's that connects peers to networking at social and business events or through Forum.
- I have a license in a California Resident Insurance Producer
- Content writer for an Airbnb property owner for 2 years.
- Every summer, I would volunteer and work at a furniture company. I was a quality check worker.
- Volunteer in several projects that helps to fundraise for the orphanage, unprivileged kids, or low-income seniors.
- Worked at a boba shop for 3 months.
- Captain of Women Basketball Team
- Represented my school to compete for soccer & basketball internationally with other schools. 3rd place overall.
- Pres of the photography club
- GIN Member (Global Issue Network), an advocate for sustainability and environment conservation.
- Volunteer in a project that helps orphanages, built houses for the poverty area.
- Volunteer to tutor Chinese to primary kids
- Awards: Sportswomen of the Year for 2 consecutive years. Junior & senior.