I am new to this so I don’t know the exact format of how this info is to be presented, but here’s a little about me:
International, Female, Asian, Private School, No legacy
GPA: 95/100 (UW) (People with below this have also gotten in from my country since it is a rigorous board)
No weighted GPA, because no APs are offered by school; no rank
Applied Test-optional because couldn’t give SAT due to pandemic
Took a gap year (graduated from High School in 2020) to really find a niche area I wanted to study. In my gap year, I participated in research studies, international conferences, national competitions, online courses and did an internship - all in the area of my interest (Econ+Finance)
- School Academic Honors (Three Awards)
- International Language Quiz - top in country, among top in asia
- International Scholarship (Merit) - Finalist
- State level marketing competition - 2nd Position
- National Finalist - Econ competition
- National Finalist - Finance competition
- HPAIR scholar
- Econ and Business Club - member, leader, also affiliated after school (4+1 years)
- Founder/President of Public Speaking Club (11,12)
- Student Mentor - social service club (11)
- Emceeing (9-12)
- Research Project - Econ (12)
- Research Project - Finance (12)
- Case Study Project - Business (12)
- Student Govt - Captain (11)
- Marketing Competitions (11,12)
- Family Responsibilities (4+1 years)
CommonApp: About huge personal development - but is a very light-hearted piece of writing
Harvard supplement: About personal life and circumstances - a very serious tone
Yale supplements: My favorite! (idk how to describe them, but are kinda witty and expressive in my mind and show clear inclination towards the school)
Dartmouth essay, NYU essays: About the school but connected w personal aspects
Additional Info: Used to write specific bullet points about various activities not explained elsewhere, certifications, courses, gap year activities, reason for test optional etc
LORs: I don’t know how they might turn out but I shared a personal relation w all the teachers outside the classroom as well so I’m hoping they are good!
BTW: I made contact with 2 professors (through cold-emailing) at yale and dartmouth and heard back from them too (about my interests) and mentioned it in my essays too
I don’t know anyone who applied/got in, so would love to know where I stand, haha!
Feel free to start a conversation about anything from waiting-for-decision-anxiety to how you are doing!
Thank you, if you made it this far!