UCLA
University of Chicago
UW-Madison
USC
Vassar
Yale</p>

<p>my stats:
GPA: unweighted 3.8 weighted (by second semester senior year) 5.8-6.8
ACT:32 (English/writing-35, Math-29, Reading-36, Science-29)
PSAT:204
ECs: musical, dance team, math team, forensics, national honor society, community service, tutoring, service learning, choir</p>

<p>What classes have you taken?
What leadership positions do you hold?
What do you want to major in, and what activities do you participate in that show your passion for the subject?</p>

<p>More info please...</p>

<p>I've taken the hardest classes my school offers and next year I'm taking 2 A.P. classes and 2 online UW-Madison courses, psychology and literature. Hopefully I can take some college film classes this summer too.<br>
For leadership positions, there is not much. Some of my community service could be considered leadership and the musical.
I want to major in english and psychology to become an actress, and the college courses and musical are related to that.<br>
hope that helps :)</p>

<p>Thanks for providing more info :)
I think you have some decent stats. If you are considering applying to the big name schools, I would consider changing your major. If you are interested in acting, why not major in music or theater? A girl from my school with average stats got accepted into Yale above the class valedictorian (also a nationally ranked swimmer with 17 AP courses) because her major was in music.
I would also try to take more AP classes if you can. If you can't, self-study and take the exams. You should try to take at least 5 next year for a chance at the ivies.
I hope this was somewhat helpful! :)</p>

<p>I was thinking about majoring in theater but I feel like I could get more out of english and psychology and then I'd have more to fall back on if acting doesn't work out, but it's a possibility :) thanks for your help, if you want me to chance you just put your list of colleges and stats and I will (:</p>

<p>You're welcome megan1234! I have a "chance me" under the title: please chance me for Stanford! I'll chance back! Thank you :)</p>

<p>wow your stats are amazing :) pretty much the only way you could improve them is to take the sats again but if you get it up even a little bit more I couldn't see any reason why any college wouldn't accept you...i wish my school offered some of those classes lol
good luck :)</p>

<p>UW Madison looks like a safety. NYU and Vassar are matches. Every other school is a high match to high reach. With a 32 and a 3.8 you are average or below average by stats for these schools. Without significant leadership/NMSF/other major awards you may be one of the many qualified applicants who gets waitlisted or rejected simply because your schools can do that. I would expect you to get into 2-3 of the reaches, assuming you apply to all (after visiting you may be able to cut down, I would recommend it)</p>

<p>Columbia - reach
Harvard - reach
NYU - match
Northwestern - high match
Stanford - reach
Pomona College - high match
Princeton - reach
UC-Berkeley - high match
UCLA - match
University of Chicago - reach
UW-Madison - high match
USC - low match
Vassar - match
Yale - reach</p>

<p>chance back: <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1233558-my-story-will-my-dream-schools-understand-6.html?highlight=my+story%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1233558-my-story-will-my-dream-schools-understand-6.html?highlight=my+story&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Columbia, Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Chicago, Yale: Reach</p>

<p>NW, Ponoma: Slight reach</p>

<p>NYU, UCB, UCLA, USC: Decent chances</p>

<p>UW-Madison: Very good chances</p>

<p>Good luck to you!</p>

<p>UW- Madison definitely a high chance, I'm sure you'll get in</p>

<p>and I really like ur stats (wish my scores were higher! only strong thing for me is Cheer)</p>

<p>I think you are at a reach for the ivies and think you should definitely apply! (I'm applying even if I don't have a chance.) </p>

<p>NYU UCB UCLA USC I think you are at a match! With those scores you have a strong chance.</p>

<p>I do not know too well about Chicago, Stanford, Pomona and NW though. So I'm not going to say.</p>

<p>Good list of schools, if interested in some LAC's might look at a school like Holy Cross-very good theater program with nice campus 1 hour from Boston.</p>

<p>I agree with Sunflower, if you apply as a music/theater major, you can stand out a little more. You can always try to double major once you get to college or minor in psychology or lit. I'd say the ivies, Chicago, and Stanford are going to be reaches. I think you have a pretty good shot at the rest of the schools, though. Good luck!</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1261716-chance-me-im-junior.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1261716-chance-me-im-junior.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>