Alright I think I’m gonna ask for chances here then I’m gonna step away from CC until decisions come out. Can anyone chance me as an OOS student?
Campuses applied: UCB, UCI, UCSD, UCSC
Major: Cognitive Science (alternative at schools that allowed it was Comp Sci)
GPA: 4.0 UW, and if I used the calculator correctly, 4.35 capped and weighted
Important courses: AP European History (4 on exam), AP English Lang & Comp (5), AP Comp Sci (4), AP US History (5), Physics 1 (3, RIP). I’m taking 5 more APs this year.
EC’s (all that’s listed on the UC application, at least):
- 10-week unpaid internship at a tech company (was coordinated through my school)
- Co-founder of livestreaming club
- Science Olympiad since freshman year, promoted to team captain, got 3 medals and to the state competition
- NHS (35+ hours of volunteering, but we didn’t get funding for national membership this year so idk if this counts)
- Part of the student leaders group at my school. We’re taking on a community service design project but I don’t think details will help here.
Extra: Wasn’t aware of any awards until after I submitted my app. I worked at McDonald’s for a year and didn’t get a second job until I finished the college apps. I think my essays were good - I definitely benefitted from the deadline extension - and I looked over them with my dad and my GC.
Reality checks are welcome.