Chance me please. I'll be happy to chance back

<p>Hi, I'm an Asian (Indian) male from a large public school (~2000) in TN.</p>

<p>Scores
PSAT: 217
SAT: 2300
SAT Bio: 780
SAT US: 750</p>

<p>Classes (everything else is honors, so I'm just putting the AP below)
10th: World History (5)
11th: English Lang. 5, U.S. History 5, Calculus AB 3, Biology 5
12th: Physics, Chemistry, English Lit., Computer Science, Art History </p>

<p>Rank: 2 out of 501
GPA (unweighted): 4.00</p>

<p>Recs: Getting an amazing rec from my bio teacher, especially because I helped her over the summer as well with the Tutoring Club for struggling kids. 10th grade AP World teacher rec should also be great. Also I'm getting a rec from my professor at the research internship (more on that a little down)</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities and Honors (I'll list the awards that go with it too)</p>

<p>DECA (business competition)
-Several Test and Role Play Awards at Regional and State Level
-Made it to Internationals two years in a row, and the second time I got a top 20 test score</p>

<p>Shadowing
-Really mostly just with my mom so far, but quite a bit. I'm doing different specialties this year</p>

<p>Tennis
-Won State Team 9
- I only play with my school though and not planning in college except recreationally</p>

<p>Chess
-Won State Team Every year of high school ($4000 dollar scholarships to TTU)
-Several Individual Awards as well</p>

<p>-National Merit Semifinalist
-Mu Alpha Theta
-National Honor Society</p>

<p>Clubs and Leadership</p>

<p>Tutoring Club
-lots of time (~200 hours), standardized test workshops, tutoring at nearby disadvantaged schools, lots of free tutoring throughout our school, etc.
-founder and president 10-12</p>

<p>Spanish Club
- I'm the Treasurer 11-12; it's not really a big role though and I don't spend too much time with it. Also I was Secretary 10</p>

<p>Table Tennis Club
- VP 11, treasurer 10. This is really something more for fun but we have about 40 people.</p>

<p>Green Team
-40 hours volunteering
-treasurer 10-12</p>

<p>Dance Dance Revolution Club
-VP 12, title pretty much says it all!</p>

<p>My other clubs include
- Community Service (maybe about 20 hours)
- Knowledge Bowl (varsity team Science lead (12), 4th place in local tournament), J-V team 9-11
- International Club
-HOSA (medical club)
- Student Council</p>

<p>Enrichment Activities
- Governor's School for International Studies, commonapp essay might be about the influence of diversity here on personal beliefs
- Boston U Research Internship for 6 weeks, professor I worked with one-on-one (also with a couple of grad students) here is writing me a rec.</p>

<p>Final Stuff
- I'm bilingual (Know Telugu, an Indian language)
- I held a job for a couple years at a private school tutoring chess. Paid tutoring biology senior year for the teacher who wrote my rec. Medical billing for my mom.</p>

<p>If you are applying early, it's a target. If not, a high match or a low low reach. Great resume!</p>

<p>Stellar scores, grades and EC's! Congrats on all of your accomplishments! You are definitely a very competitive candidate. I disagree with Shaq though...Duke, like the Ivies, is not a target school for anyone. Grades, scores and EC's alone do not determine admission. I read somewhere that many applicants with 36 ACT's and 4.00 GPA's are denied admission to top colleges. Its not all about the numbers.</p>

<p>Thanks guys! Bump</p>

<p>Bumppppppp</p>

<p>Could you chance me back? Sorry I didn't have the link, but it should be on the front page for Duke. :)</p>