<p>I am currently in eleventh grade. UC Santa Cruz, UC Santa Barbara, University of Portland, University of Washington, and Portland State University are my top choices. My extra circular activities are decent/iffy and my grade average is ok considering I go to an elite high school and I am now taking the most rigorous course available on campus. However, I did mess up pretty bad this semester): Please let me know if my grades from this semester can be made up for.</p>
<p>tenth grade
for both semesters, I took one AP class and the rest were regulars. I got a 3 on the AP test.
semester 1: 3.4 W 3.2 UW
semester 2: 4.0 W 3.8 UW</p>
<p>Eleventh grade
I am an IB diploma student, so I am taking all IB classes
semester 1(this semester): 3.65 W
I got two CS, two As, and 3 Bs</p>
<p>I am going to take the ACT, and I predict I will get a composite of 30. I have never been very good at test taking.
My ECs include: I will have played piano for all 4 years, I have been attending religious school my whole life, volunteering at an animal shelter, cancer club for three years, NHS and CSF, and PAWS(an animal protection club). I also volunteered for Amnesty International by call banking to promote prop 34 and collecting results, I regularly write letters to governments through Amnesty international, and have attended a trip to washington D.C. with my religious school in which we rallied and protested to congress against certain laws. I will have taken French for six years by the time high school is done, I attended an international french School over the Summer break, tutored students in French, and will also be taking the french SAT subject test and Le Grand Concours. I also won this PTSA reflections contest for my art work in tenth grade and entered the contest again this year.
Do you think if I do good on the tests I mentioned above I have a chance to redeem myself? Or are there any other things I can do to improve my chances?</p>