Chance me, please!

<p>UW 3.5/W 4.5
1210/1760 SAT
26 ACT
Top 10% of a class of 345, which means I'd be top 35 in rank in a very competitive school
In an A school, and one of three A-rated public high schools in the county of Miami-Dade
Silver Knight Nominee
296.5 hours of community service at a hospital
Started another service at another hospital for my pharmacy class
6 AP classes in total
6 science classes (2 APs, the rest honors) in total
I'm going for a major in Chemistry
Great EC's in-school as well
President of my own Pharmacy class
Accepted to the University of Miami already (which is harder to get into than UF)</p>

<p>Chance me, please? I'm really nervous for Friday, and I'm really hoping to get in. UF's Chemistry program is way better than UM's. And yes, this is for Fall 2012 admission.</p>

<p>You already answered your own question. If you got into UM then why would you worry about getting into UF, whose standards are lower. <em>sigh</em></p>

<p>True, but UF's admissions office is way different when it comes to acceptance, especially with their supposed "lowered acceptance rate" plan this year.</p>

<p>I think you'll be fine though. I don't know if they care about the writing SAT score, which is your weakness (UM doesn't consider the writing score, UF does) but nonetheless the rest of your app looks great.</p>

<p>Thank you! I'm hoping so.</p>

<p>You sound like you should get in! I also got into UM and found out you can't compare a UM acceptance to a UF acceptance. UM not only superscores ACT (the only thing i sent in) but they also receive letters of recommendation. Those factors definitely come in to play for admissions decisions..so the process is fairly different. However, if UM accepted you, you're definitely in the ballpark for UF! Only 3 more days!</p>

<p>All the best of luck :)</p>