I am interested in Political science and Government and I want to pursue a career in Government/Law.
Can you chance me for the Universities below?
My top choices are GWU (dream school but its too expensive!!!), Georgetown, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, UWisc-Madison, UMich, UWashington-Seattle (in-state), UCSD, UCDavis, UCIrvine, UTexas Austin, UMD-CP
Do I have realistic chance of getting into a few of the above?
What are my chances of getting merit aid from any of the above except UW-Seattle (I will not qualify for any need based financial aid)?
What other target/safeties should I consider that have good Poli Sci programs, to ensure I have solid chance of getting into a good school?
31 ACT and UW 3.65 GPA, 8 APs
-President of speech and debate team at my high school
- WA State Senate page
- Interned for a State Senator and field organizer for two successful state senate campaigns
- Intern at a non-profit organization for mental illness and served as Public Policy Committee Chair
- Youth Social Media and GOTV (get out the vote) campaign Correspondent
- Co-founder of Women Empowerment website and social media platform
- Published article on the non-profit organization website and a local newspaper
- Honors Latin Scholar (Top 10 for National Latin Exam)
- 1st place award for Behavioral and Social Sciences at Washington State Science and Engineering Fair (WSSEF)
- 13 years of Carnatic music, Level 3 certificate from esteemed university in India, ranked 1st in theory
- Destination Imagination circuit state champion
- Math Tutor for elementary school kids
- Assistant Bollywood dance teacher and organizer for charity shows
I would really appreciate any insights into my chances as it would help me decide on the universities.