Chance me, pretty please?

<p>Hi there, I'm a rising senior, interested in going into advertising. I'll probably apply to Annenberg for something like Comm Studies. My stats are...</p>

<p>SAT: 2060 (CR:710, M:660, W:690)
ACT: 34 (E:34, M:32, R:35, S:35)
GPA: 4.0 weighted (100.32)
Ranked 10 out of 107</p>

<p>APs: Lang&Comp, Lit&Comp, Bio, World History, US History
Haven't passed any of them so far :P</p>

<p>Mostly honors classes, except math</p>

<p>ECs: 3 years of theatre, 3 years of competitive journalism (state medalist last year), 2 years cross-examination debate, National Honor Society, freshman class president, volunteered at church, that's all the good stuff...</p>

<p>Local Pre-Calculus Award and Accounting Award</p>

<p>I expect a killer recommendation, too, from my theatre/journalism teacher</p>

<p>Also, I tested out of first grade? Is that something I should put on an application?</p>

<p>So, what are my chances, in your humble opinions? Thanks!</p>

<p>On the APs, when I said haven't passed any of them, I meant the tests, not the classes haha. I got like two 2s and a 3. Sorry.</p>

<p>ditch your SAT score and just report your ACT. i think you have a decent shot.</p>

<p>ACT= great, GPA= decent (kinda low, especially for some one who has taken AP's)
AP= Horrible. dont mention you tested out of the first grade, no one likes bragging.</p>

<p>other than that your chances are a little low, but hey, i know plenty of people with lower stats who got in.</p>

<p>Don't send your SAT score. The GPA might be a little low -- what is it unweighted? If you're at a 3.8 or above, you'll be OK with the ACT. If it's lower, your chances aren't as spectacular.</p>

<p>The journalism medal is really an accomplishment and it will make you stand out from other applicants, though. Comm is easier to get into than journalism at ASCJ, so who knows?</p>

<p>Don't mention you tested out of 1st grade. That would matter for, say, middle school, but that's hardly impressive to college admissions because so many other kids probably skipped 2 or 3 grades!</p>