- US citizen
- Junior, public high school
- Low income
Major in Astronomy, Astrophysics, or Physics
Might minor in a humanities subject or French.
GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
- Unweighted HS GPA: 3.7 (4.0 = 100, 3.9 = 99, etc.)
- Weighted HS GPA: 4.3 (5.0 = 100, 4.9 = 99, 4.8 = 98, etc., APs and Honors weighted on 5.0 but regular weighted on 4.0):
- Class Rank: 30/576 (Top 5.2%)
- PSAT Scores: 1180 in 8th, 1220 in 9th. 10th was cancelled due to the virus D:
OnRamps (UT) Fundamentals of Comp. Sci. - A(-) on college transcript
AP World History - 5 on exam
AP Physics 1 - taking exam in Spring
AP U.S History - taking exam in Spring
AP English Lang. - taking exam in Spring
AP French IV
I plan on takng 5-6 more APs in my senior year, including Calc BC, Physics 2 or C, English Lit, Chem, Gov & Macro.
I’m on an advanced math track, Precal in Junior year and AP Calc BC in senior year. Straight A’s minus one semester in Chemistry with an 88. 6 years of French by senior year. 5/4 math credits, 7/4 science credits. This year, I’m in an independent-study astronomy class which will have research, connections to UT Austin, and working with professors.
Planning on having multiple AP scholar awards by the end of the year.
District solo and ensemble- 2 years of receiving 1s (3 being the lowest, 1 being the highest)
…not much else here…
(Include leadership, summer activities, competitions, volunteering, and work experience)
Applied to NASA HAS program.
Going to apply to MITES, a UT Research camp, a Texas Tech Research camp, and multiple astronomy camps, I’m hoping to get at least one of these.
Membership with local astronomical society.
Orchestra for 8 years by senior year.
Volunteering with humane society, Smithsonian transcripts, Hispanic cultural center, and more.
Planning on having a couple of chess tournaments and marathons (likely for charity).
3 months of work experience at a boba shop- left because it was a seasonal job.
(List of colleges by your initial chance estimate; designate if applying ED/EA/RD; if a scholarship is necessary for affordability, indicate that you are aiming for a scholarship and use the scholarship chance to estimate it into the appropriate group below)
- Safety = Assured admission at all public Texas universities, Colorado State.
- Likely = Boston University, Virginia Tech
- Match = UC Berkeley (probably a reach), SoCal UCs, NYU
- Reach = Harvard, Stanford, University of Chicago