Location: Los Angeles
Projected Transfer GPA: 3.55 with IGETC
Current GPA: 3.4
Languages: English, Spanish, Hebrew
Schools Applied to: American University, Syracuse University, Chapman University, UCSB, UCI, UCSC, CSUF, Cal Poly SLO, UCR, and CSULB.
Credits in progress: 22. I am unsure if this is relevant, but I know that some UCs like UC Santa Cruz take into account the course load. I took 20 credits last semester and received a 4.0, so I'm hoping that this isn't a life or death situation in regards to my application.</p>
<p>Notes: I am in the process of completing my math and foreign language requirement this semester before transfer. Anyone know whether this is a huge factor in regards to admission decisions?</p>
<p>Essays: Excellent, in my not-so-modest opinion. I know how to write and have had some really profound experiences that I felt were pertinent to the Common App and UC transfer essays.</p>
- AYSO volunteer soccer coach.
- I have worked over 20 hours a week every week since I turned 16.
- 10 years of guitar, piano, bass. I provide free music instruction and recording to musicians without the financial means to pursue these services themselves.
- Silver medal in college-wide speech contest.
- Sociology Club. I have worked charity drives and done volunteer work as a result of my affiliation with the club.
- Jazz Band</p>