Chance Me UTD 1330 SAT 3.56 GPA HS Class of 2027 [TX resident, not top 10%]

Hello! I want to apply to UTD, I have a sat score of 1330 (took twice same score), gpa 3.56, my junior course load is AP Bio, AP Precalc, AP lang, AP Stats, Anatomy, Health, Comp Sci Adv. In my senior yr I have the following med based courses - pathophysiology, microbiology, AP Chem, AP Calc, Physics. I have more than 115+ volunteer hours, many at Red Cross, religious places, community giving, food banks. I was worried if my stats are too low to apply for rolling admissions now that UTD is competitive and that if I could get any scholarships.

Thank you all!! :3

I don’t think UTD is overly competitive for admissions. Your SAT is good for them. They don’t publish gpa #s but I suspect you’re ok. If you’re not from Texas or from Texas and not in the top 10% of your class, admission is not automatic. But admitting 70% or so, I’m guessing you are ok.

When you talk about scholarships - take a step back ? What is your budget ? Are you in or out of state ? First you want to make sure you can afford the school. They have merit but don’t show criteria other than for top programs.

Of 4,000 first year, about 24% got merit on average of $10,636 So merit chances may not be great.

Best of luck.

I’m in Texas, but not in top 10%. We don’t exactly mind paying tuition, but of course it would be best to reduce it. My sat is broken into 660 for English and 670 for math. I’m currently applying for either the healthcare studies or biomedical major, but I think I’m hovering more over healthcare as that is easier to get into and I can transfer.

Thank you for your advice!!

Looks like tuition would be in the $15-17K range (this year), not future. If that’s too much, there’s certainly less expensive alternatives.

Good luck.

ah, okay perfect. I’m applying this summer, so in your opinion do you think I would have a fairly reasonable chance to get in?

What do you mean you’re applying this summer - for what term?

I already told you that you’re going to get in.

fall 2027!

Ah, thank you!!

You have til May 1st but you missed the priority deadline. You always need a just in case back up plan - what’s that for you?

@ZZ_zee you haven’t missed any deadlines to apply for Fall of 2027.

duh- sorry - next year. thanks. Yes, by Dec 1 priority deadline.

ah okay. Yes, i am starting my application process this summer and applying for rolling starting august!
Thanks yall

1 Like

also I believe biomed and basically pre med is like a challenging major in UTD? I feel like engineering is the hardest followed by their premed.

What’s hard for one isn’t as hard for another. Engineering is typically tough though.

Pre med is not a major. You can major in English and be pre-med - the point is you can be any major. Pre-med is an intention.

Study what you want to study.

oh yeah, by pre med I ment like biomed sci or healthcare majors. okay thanks for all the help!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.