Chance me/What can I do to make my stats better?

<p>So I told myself I would never do a chance thread, and here I am. I am a white female from New York City and I attended an ok NYC public high school my freshman year, and I just finished my sophomore year at a top New England boarding school. I'd love to know what I can do to make my stats better and to know my chances for the following schools:</p>

<p>HYP
UNC Chapel Hill
Duke
Colombia
NYU
Brown
Georgetown
Stanford
Amherst
Williams
Wellesley
UC Berkeley</p>

<p>Freshman year: *A was the highest grade, they did not give any A+'s
GPA (unweighted)- 4.0
Classes--> English (A), Global History (A), Algebra 1 (A), Spanish 2 (A), Chemistry (A), Tech (A), Gym (A), Drama (A), Art (A)
EC's--> Piano (an hour a week), Tennis (an hour a week), Soccer (3 hours a week), I was part of the Main Street Theater and Dance Alliance (acted in a play, average 3 hours a week, have been doing this since 5th grade)</p>

<p>Sophomore Year: *new, much harder school
GPA (unweighted)- 3.96
Classes--> English 10 (A), History of Africa (A-), Spanish 2 (had to retake because their curriculum of Spanish 2 included many things that I didn't learn in the Spanish 2 I had already taken, A), Intermediate Algebra (A+), Geometry (A+), Physics (A-), Studio Art 1 (A-), Photography (A)
EC's--> Thirds Soccer (8 hours a week), Varsity Swimming (12 hours a week), JV Tennis (10 hours a week)</p>

<p>For Junior Year:
Classes--> English 11, AP US History, Spanish 3, Honors Precalculus, Biology, Advanced Black and White Photography, Chorus
EC's--> Head of Ubuntu (Africa Club), Co-Editor in Cheif of school newspaper, Art Editor of school magazine, Thirds Soccer (8 hours a week), Varsity Swimming (12 hours a week), JV Tennis (10 hours a week), Piano lessons (2 hours a week)</p>

<p>Projected for Senior Year-->
Major Classes--> English 12, AP European History, AP Spanish, AP Calculus BC, AP Biology
(not sure about extra art classes etc)
EC's-->Head of Ubuntu (Africa Club), Co-Editor in Cheif of school newspaper, Art Editor of school magazine (not sure about sports, or others)</p>

<p>Summers: Yale Journalism Program
Jobs: Working at a Preschool, a lot of babysitting, waitress at a local restaurant
Community Service: so far only about 20 hours (local nursing home and soup kitchen) but plan to have a lot more, raising money to support a child in Tanzania through the Tanzania Children's Fund, organizing pen pal program between my school and local nursing home, working on a community service blog (Community</a> Service Opportunities-- please become a follower if you like it!)</p>

<p>I guess my main interests are writing/journalism and photography, but one of my main talents is math.</p>

<p>Thanks so much!!</p>

<p>I suspect there is no way to offer a resonable estimate w/out test scores or JR year grades.</p>

<p>Any leadership or future wise? Or awards?</p>

<p>@ UT84321, sorry I didn't post this earlier. I took the PSAT and received a 2112, which i intend to improve for sure. </p>

<p>@ dreamhigh, next year I plan on running for Class Representative and senior year I plan on running for Student Head of School, but you never know what will happen. Currently, beside my leadership positions in 3 clubs, I don't have any.</p>

<p>Thanks for the responses!</p>

<p>I think you mean SAT Reasoning, not PSAT, since the PSAT is graded on a 240 scale and dosen't really matter for admissions.</p>

<p>Yeah, nycprospect, it was the SAT Reasoning not the PSAT. Sorry about that</p>

<p>No worries</p>

<p>Chances anyone?</p>

<p>You'll want to get your SAT score up for HYPS, Duke, Colombia, and Brown. You may also want to work on your ECs: they're okay, but they seem to be pretty average for the typical college applicant </p>

<p>P.S. I liked your blog :)</p>

<p>That is an amazing GPA for a top boarding school! If you keep that going you'll undoubtedly be top of class and have your choice of great colleges.</p>

<p>Thanks for the feedback everyone!</p>