<p>Grade: Rising Senior
Sex: Male
Race: Caucasian
State: New Jersey
School: Competitive Public School</p>

<p>Academics:
GPA (unweighted): 4.0/4.0
GPA (weighted): 7.0/7.0
Class Rank: 1/550 (tied with 8 others for valedictorian)
PSAT: 231/240
SAT: 800M, 800CR, 750W
SAT II: Chem-800, Math2-800
AP: Chem-5, Spanish Lang.-5, Calc BC(AB)-5(5), US Hist-5
College Courses at Drexel U.: [INTB 200] A+, [ECON 201] A+, [ECON 202] A, [BLAW 348] in progress</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Chem Club: 3 years, Co-Prez
NJ Science Leaue: 2 years, Chem II team finished 2nd and 3rd in state
Cum Laude Society: 2 years, Prez
JV Tennis: 4 years, Captain
Portuguese Lessons: 4 summers
DECA: 2 years
Econ Research Internships: 1 year, with professor at UPenn and another with prof at Drexel</p>

<p>Awards:
2008 National Latin Exam – Gold Medal (Summa Cum Laude)
2008 North American Computational Linguistics Olympiad Open - 20th (Nationally)
2009 Chemistry I League Team - 3rd (statewide)
2010 Chemistry II League Team - 2nd (statewide)
National Merit Semifinalist (expected)
AP Scholar with Honor</p>

<p>Plan on studying econ in college
UPenn (legacy), Princeton, MIT, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Cornell, U. of Chicago</p>

<p>As a fellow senior year JV tennis captain, I'm pretty sure that's getting you into Harvard.</p>

<p>what do you mean by "hating racism"? anyway, you've got as good a shot as anyone, on paper at least. What's really gonna set you apart are your essays and letters of rec. But your activities and awards are not as impressive as you may think...no community service, no common tie or passion is expressed, little ingenuity, very cooke cutter "valedictorian nerd" things. Honestly all that's missing is debate. But good luck to you, and don't start feeling entitled to get into Harvard simply because of your perfect GPA and near-perfect SAT; Harvard rejects more than 75% of their applicants with perfect SATs, because they often times don't have the amazing essays, activities, etc. to back it up.</p>

<p>umm, how many of your other activities show a passion for economics? and any admissions board will assume that your internship was likely awarded based on parental connections. you show no evidence of being a self-starter, or doing things for others, etc. I'm not saying that you cannot get in, and I kindly wished you good luck, but I just reminded you of the fact that there will be many people who can boast of your good credentials. if you think you already had a one-way ticket into harvard, then pray do tell, why are you asking others to chance you?</p>

<p>And btw, I am a national merit scholar, ap scholar with distinction, bausch & lomb award winner, in the top 5% of my class, attended a prestigious private school with tuition upwards of $15,000, which my parents paid for in its entirety, and have never seen the streets. Both of my parents hold graduate degrees from top universities, and I am a member of the upper middle class. Obviously you are simply and indubitably jealous of my accomplishments. Call me what you wish.......who's going to be the one with "Harvard" printed on their diploma? Who's going to always be introduced as "Harvard-educated"? That's right.</p>

<p>As a Harvardian with prestige and honor, I will still continue to wish you good luck in your application season, although you are expressing your stress and inner-anxiety by scapegoating others. See, there's a thing that separates a true Harvardian from the rest, something that money cannot buy, and cannot be earned: class.</p>

<p><strong>his previous inflammatory statements have been removed</strong></p>

<p>rule number 14 guys. If you argue with a troll, then it wins.</p>

<p>Well, this is an interesting thread.</p>

<p>
[quote]
See, there's a thing that separates a true Harvardian from the rest, something that money cannot buy, and cannot be earned: class.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Are you sure you didn't mean to insert "elitism," starlight*? Cool it.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Obviously you are simply and indubitably jealous of my accomplishments.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>... :rolleyes:</p>

<p>
[quote]
Call me what you wish.......who's going to be the one with "Harvard" printed on their diploma? Who's going to always be introduced as "Harvard-educated"? That's right.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Don't count your eggs before they hatch, okay? You haven't graduated yet.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Well, this is an interesting thread.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I thoroughly agree. </p>

<p>o.O</p>

<p>My boy Johndoe is not a troll, but he likes to attract people with the "Chance me if you hate racism" banner.</p>

<p>Nothing big.</p>

<p>Starlight is a troll though... and he just won thanks to Casa</p>

<p>
[quote]
Starlight is a troll though.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>No, I do not believe s/he is.</p>

<p>^^Nope, she was not. The OP was, to the point where the moderator deleted his posts.</p>

<p>Ouch, chance threads are harsher these days. </p>

<p>To johndoe00, your stats are stellar, and though no one (not even Einstein) is guaranteed a shot everywhere, you can reasonably hope for a good school. It all comes down to why you want to go to where you want to go and who you are as a student. </p>

<p>Although you have a stated interest in econ, I had a feeling you really liked chem a lot and I can see that a bit more than the econ, were it not for your internships. Although your parents may have a legacy, I do not think legacies could have nailed both internships at both schools. </p>

<p>So far, so good. Pick an interest and go for it. Assert your econ-ness (if such a word were to exist)! Or use both interests of chem and econ--I think this would be advantageous for a school such as MIT, too.</p>