Chinese Male, NC, small charter school, no hooks
ACT: 34 (30M, 36E, 36S, 35R)
SAT: Didn’t take
UW/W GPA and Rank:
School doesn’t rank
Coursework: AP/IB/Dual Enrollment classes, AP/IB scores, etc
School caps AP enrollment. I’ve taken the most allowed, which is APES sophomore year, currently in AP Lang and APUSH.
State champ in golf (not good enough to get recruited)
Extracurriculars: Include leadership & summer activities
- Dual-enrolled through competitive math and science school in my state. Unique courses not found at many high schools, the ones I’ve taken so far are Data Science and Cryptography.
- Founder and President of DECA chapter at high school. Didn’t do many activities due to covid. (11)
- Co-pres. of finance-based club at high school. (10-11)
- Summer program through above-mentioned math and science school. 3 week long biomedical engineering course, completed research paper on covid-related topic (summer before 11)
- 2-week program working with 3 other students in my state to provide a business solution to the NC science and engineering fair. Pitched our idea to board members and directors of the fair. (11)
- Tutoring w/ local nonprofit. Nonprofit is an established part of the community, and mostly serves underprivileged youth. (10-11)
- Soccer Refereeing w/ local club (8th-11)
- JV/ Varsity Soccer (9-11) 5 days/week
- Golf (9-11) 2-3 days/week
Essay: Will spend a lot of time on these, but obv can’t judge my strengths here.
LOR: Math teacher, had for 2 years (9-10) and worked on service projects together. Second: Either AP Lang teacher or teacher from math and science school. Not sure yet.
Cost Constraints / Budget
(High school students: please get a budget from your parents and use the Net Price Calculators on the web sites of colleges of interest.)
(List of colleges by your initial chance estimate; designate if applying ED/EA/RD; if a scholarship is necessary for affordability, indicate that you are aiming for a scholarship and use the scholarship chance to estimate it into the appropriate group below)
UNC Chapel Hill, Duke, UChicago, NYU Stern, UPenn Wharton, Cornell, Brown, Emory, Northwestern, USC, WashU, Vanderbilt