Chance this OOS Candidate?

<p>Korean Female</p>

<p>Academics:
Un-weighted Cumulative GPA after 6 semesters: 3.971
Class rank: 24th out of a class of 381 (un-weighted)
Honors/AP Classes taken/taking: Honors English 9, Honors Biology, AP Spanish, AP Literature, AP Composition, AP Psychology, AP Calculus (I have always been a year ahead in math)</p>

<p>SAT Math: 620 SAT CR: 630
SAT writing: 650
TOTAL: 1900</p>

<p>Athletics:
4-Year Letterman for Softball All-Wesco Honorable Mention 3rd Baseman (Junior year), Coach’s Award (Sophomore year)
3-Year Letterman for Soccer All-Wesco Honorable Mention Goalkeeper (Junior year), Most Improved (Junior year)
Competitive (travel) Soccer Participated from 5th grade to 11th grade</p>

<p>Leadership:
• Elected by teammates to be Senior Captain for Softball
• ASB Treasurer (Senior year)
• National Honor Society President (Senior year)
• Link Crew A-Team (Senior year)
• Salt and Light Leadership Team (Senior year)
• Yearbook Writing Editor</p>

<p>Volunteering:
• Volunteered at Steven’s Hospital Freshman – Sophomore year (~5 hours a week)
• Volunteered for my church’s AWANA program: Sophomore year – Junior year (~3 hours a week)
• Volunteer for my old 5th grade teacher, tutoring kids: Sophomore year – Present (~2 hours a week)
• Volunteer for my elementary school PE teacher: Junior year – Present (~1 hour a week)
• Coached a Kindergarten boys’ soccer team my Senior year (~3 hours a week)
• Volunteered at Lakeside Bible Camp for three weeks during the summer of my Junior and Senior Year (three weeks straight, two summers in a row washing dishes and cleaning bathrooms)</p>

<p>Employment:
• Cashier/Clerk at Bartell Drugs since October 2009
• Average 8-15 hours/week</p>

<p>Other:
• T-Bird Award Nominee (October 2010) – Given to students who exemplify great school spirit and outstanding leadership capabilities</p>

<p>stats are not good enough for oos in my opinion…sorry :confused:
i don’t really see ‘passion’ in your ec’s.
sat’s are not good enough for oos
only 5AP’s entire high school career is not good enough, i think. and defitnetly not enough honors courses.
gpa not high enough.
class rank is good.</p>

<p>umm your unweighted GPA is actually really good. A 3.97 unweighted is essentially straight A’s. However, because out of state admissions is so competitive, your SAT scores will most likely hold you back.</p>

<p>A GPA of 3.97 (UW) and a class rank of 24 is poor. Either grade inflation is in effect or the school is not competitive. Also, a high UW GPA and a low SAT score would suggest the same conclusion.</p>

<p>Lord. Have. Mercy.</p>

<p>@kjang, your grades and stats look pretty dang good to me. And your ECs look great, too.</p>

<p>LOL, seems like, per this board, you practically have to be God to get in anywhere.</p>

<p>This is the board where kids come to get depressed and discouraged, apparently.</p>

<p>And I say that as a non-kid (parent). :)</p>

<p>@LadyDianeski & at OP, sorry! i did not mean to depress anyone, that is just my honest opinion, after doing much research (:</p>

<p>LOL, <em>I’m</em> sorry–for being so persnickety.</p>

<p>Sometimes I think this board’s slogan should be:</p>

<p>CollegeConfidential. Where Kids’ Dreams Come to Die.</p>

<p>Sorry…I’m baaaaad. ;)</p>

<p>haha @LadyDianeski, thank you! Yeah this is a bit discouraging but I guess i’ll just have to wait and see what happens!
I definitely understand that my SAT scores aren’t very good though. I also took 4 additional ‘honors’ classes where APs were not an option (frosh and soph year).
I don’t understand how I have no ‘passion’ in my ECs? I love every single volunteering job that I have, and am thoroughly dedicated to each and every one of them. </p>

<p>Thanks for the feedback though!!</p>