Ethinicty: White/Middle Easter, non-citizen
First Gen: First gen in the U.S., I am a pending refugee
Income: 67k, free-lunch receipient
Region: East coast
SAT: 1520 one sitting, reported
GPA: school doesn’t do unweighted, weighted-4.54
Intended major: Bio
APs(score): WHAP(5), BIO(5), APUSH(5), MACRO(5), CALC BC(5), CHEM(4), MICRO(4), COMP-SCI A(3)
-AP U.S. Gov & AP Comparative Gov
-U.S. Biology Olympiads National Semi-finalist, 10th
-Congressional Award Gold Medal(over 800-hour commitment), 12th
-Chemistry Department Student of the Year, 11th
-AP Scholar with Distinction, 11th
-Questbridge National College Match Finalist, 12th
-Certificate of Academic Excellence, 9th
-1 religious award from local organization
-2 invitational bronze medals for Sci. Oly
- Club and HS soccer(have a d3 offer)
- Wrote a research paper with a professor on Coronavirus’s binding capabilites to humans ACE2 protein over quarantine.(Sent to National Biophysical Society for their Spring Symposium)
- Quest Student Research Institute Summer research project. Did research on Phenylalanine-4-hydroxylase and its involvement in PKU but did not publish a paper
- BIO-CLUB(president and founder 10, 11, 12)- I lectured to club members to prepare for USABO
- A project where I tutored refugee children as well as raised over $20k as a group. 11, 12
- Habitat for Humanity, over 60 hours of volunteer with them
- SNHS, NHS, MHS, and French National Honor Societies
- I ran a personal soccer coaching business in order to be able to afford club soccer. 4 hours a week year round for 11th and 12th.
- Had to take care of siblings when my dad worked out of state for two years(my mother doesnt speak english). Listed as family responsibility.
Volunteer- have over 400 hours.
Counselor- should be good. I have had many positive interactions and she was really impressed with how active I was when i first moved to the school. Knows a lot about my asylee background and things I have done for the school community.
AP Chem teacher- I was chemistry student of the year… really knows my intellectual side
WHAP teacher- was from 10th grade. We had a really good bond(we would check up even after I moved to a new school, I even gave her a gift- a history meme calender) .
Main essay was about my 7 years in the U.S. where we had to go from one city to another to keep our legal status.
I moved to a new school before my junior year so it was really diffucult to get leadership positions and I also couldn’t continue some ECs cuz of that.