<p>Well, let's get this out of the way real quick:</p>
- Wisconsin resident (male)
- 4.0 uw GPA (school does not weight nor rank, I've taken the most rigorous course load so I'm on track to be co-valedictorian)
- 31 ACT
- State-qualified athlete as an individual past two years (XC running), Varsity all four; Varsity track for three years.
- School doesn't offer very many APs but I self-studied two and got 5's. (I'm taking all APs offered this year.)
- 250+ hospital volunteer hours over past four summers.
- Various clubs
- Bausch and Lomb Award among others (history awards, all-state academic athlete, all-county etc.)</p>
- No paid work experience. (yet!)</p>
<p>I do have a great respect for UMN even though you need to be careful who you say that to where I'm from. ;) </p>
<p>I have a few questions though. On rolling admissions: is it already too late for me since I haven't applied yet? </p>
<p>Also, I got the Golden Gopher Application which told me that there would not be a writing portion, so I was surprised when there was one and I am sorry to say that I was not prepared. It says the "Special circumstances..." question is optional. But, see, I feel like that's a way of saying that it <em>is</em> because everyone else is going to put something down. Your thoughts?</p>
<p>Also, for the "Other special talents..." portion, can I just do a list of my other ECs and awards or would that be the wrong way to approach it (i.e. is it meant to be an essay)? </p>
<p>Thanks for your help. I really would consider UMN if I were to get accepted. Only been out to the Twin Cities once (I live on the other side of Wisconsin.) but I liked it there and I have heard of the school's prestige.</p>