Chances and Suggestions for Califonia

<p>I know this is a lot of information, but I wasn’t sure what was necessary to include and what wasn’t. I’m pretty unsure of where I want to a apply, so if you could even just skip down to the bottom and suggest a school for me, that would be appreciated too :)</p>

<p>Sex: Female
Race: White
State: CA</p>

<p>ACT: 30
SAT I: Not Taken
Subject Tests: World History-650, Math 2-650, US History-620
GPA: 3.6 Unweighted, 4.0 UC and 4.2 Weighted</p>

<p>APs
Sophomore:
World History-4</p>

<p>Junior (predicted):
Statistics-5
Music Theory-4
English Language-5
US History-3/4</p>

<p>Senior:
Spanish Language
English Literature
Government </p>

<p>Music
I play piano, alto saxophone and percussion, I have been taking private lessons on piano since I was 10
Choir [9, 10, 11, 12]
Concert Band [10, 11, 12]
Marching Band [11, 12] Student Leader/Secretary (12)
Orchestra [11, 12]
Drumline [11, 12] Student Leader (11, 12)</p>

<p>Community Service
Roots and Shoots Club [9, 10, 11, 12] Secretary (10) Co-President (11, 12)
-AIDS walk, Thanksgiving at the Homeless Shelter, Relay for Life, etc.
Cal-Pac Council for Youth Ministry [11, 12]
-Los Angeles District Representative for the United Methodist Cal-Pac Conference
I also have gone on a service trip every summer since 8th grade. I have been to New Orleans twice and Appalachia once to rebuild homes for those devastated by Katrina and in underprivileged areas. This definitely had a huge impact on my life and perspective of it.
I have over 150 hours of community service. </p>

<p>Athletics
Competitive Gymnastics [9, 10]
-Qualified for State Championships both years
-Silver Medal on Vault 2009
Last August, I injured my back and was unable to compete this season :(
I am still training, and may be able to compete for fun next year</p>

<p>Work Experience
Camp Counselor for Camp CAST (Drama Camp) Summer 2008
Worked part-time as a gymnastics coach for my school last year after I got hurt
Currently working full-time as a summer camp counselor and coach</p>

<p>Question about my test scores: I have not taken the SAT I and I don’t know if I should. I only got a 180 on my PSAT. I had planned to take it in March or June, but something came up both dates and I was unable to. Is my ACT score high enough that I don’t need to take the SAT? What about retaking the ACT? (Scored 31 in Reading and English, 32 in Science, but my 26 in math brought me down)</p>

<p>I am unsure of where to look into for college. I have some ideas though. Right now, I have two separate lists. I am interested most in majoring in Music Education, but it would be hard for me to be able to go out and audition for schools. For that, I would likely be attending a Cal State. I’m interested in:</p>

<p>San Diego State
Sacramento
Fullerton
Fresno
Northridge</p>

<p>My second list consists of schools that I would be unprepared to audition for and would therefore, have to either wait a year to go in for music or choose another major. That major would likely be Political Science (but I’ll have to wait and see how I like AP Gov to know for sure) or Theology. That list is:</p>

<p>Chapman University
Pepperdine University
University of the Pacific
Ithaca College (close friend there, she loves it)
University of Delaware (cousin here, visited the campus, beautiful, and has all the programs I want, and an awesome marching band, which is high on my list when choosing a college)</p>

<p>My counselor also suggested I look at ASU, University of Arizona and University of Washington for scholarship money. I will definitely need scholarship money. My financial situation is complicated, as my parents make a lot of money, but have little to spend on college and almost no savings for school.</p>

<p>Whew! Lots of words, sorry about that, thanks for taking your time to look over it.
Chances? More school suggestions? Safeties, reaches, matches? I’ll go for anywhere on the East or West Coast, though as much as I want to move out East, I don't think it will be a financial possibility, but you never know!</p>

<p>Thank you!! :D</p>

<p>Your financial situation needs to get uncomplicated, You need to know what your parents can spend so your list reflects that. The privates and OOS publics may give some merit aid but you need to look up what stats you need to get the amount you would need.</p>

<p>Sounds reasonable. What about academic chances at schools or chances at getting at?
Any suggestions, anyone?</p>