Hello everyone, I’m an upcoming senior starting to look at college applications and was hoping that someone might give me input/guidance on applying to these schools.
U of Washington
I’m a white male from a middle class family in San Diego,CA
I go to a public high school with about 3,000 kids
European History - 3
Biology - 4
English Lit and Comp - 4
Spanish - 4
Computer Science - 5
I’ve taken the most rigorous courses available throughout high school and will continue in senior year. Taking two math classes senior year.
I took it twice. First time:
720 CR, 720 M, 780 W
660 CR, 740 M, 790 W
SAT Subject Tests:
Biology E - 770
Chemistry - 750
Math 2 - 710 (definitely retaking)
- Eagle Scout and still an active member of Boy Scouts
- Head Treasurer of our school’s Spanish Honors Society (I organize fundraisers and keep track of the money. We donate it to charities that help build houses and schools in South America)
- Peer tutor(for math and science) two days a week for an hour after school
- Two summers working at a summer school by helping teachers in class, organizing projects, and preparing materials for classes
- JV Cross Country freshman year, JV volleyball freshman and sophomore year(league champions if that counts for anything)
- I play many musical instruments(piano primarily) but I haven’t taken lessons in years
Please let me know about my chances at any or all of these schools. Any additional suggestions about how to improve my chances or about what other schools I might consider applying to would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!