Chances at Georgetown's school for international relations (walsh)

<p>Male
South East Asian (Indian)
Long island, NY</p>

<p>Recs will be from 1 adminstrators and 1 other teacher, will be phenomenal
Essays:Very confident</p>

<p>GPA:3.9-4.0 range
SATS:2200 730 writing-12 essay 710 critical reading 760 math
SAT II, World History 700, math IC 740, latin 750
Class rank:I'd day about 20th out of 550</p>

<p>Highest course available taken, all honors in 9th and 10th, and all IB in 11th and 12th.</p>

<p>I'm currently a junior.</p>

<p>I played football in 9th and 10th grade if that means anything...</p>

<p>My ECS:</p>

<p>model un:
11th grade
12th grade</p>

<p>Executive Board class of 2008
9th, 10th, 11th, 12th grade</p>

<p>Future Business Leaders of America
Treasurer 2006-2007
President in 2007-2008</p>

<p>Latin Honor Society
2007-2008 treasurer*
10th, 11th, and 12th grade
first kid to ever take IB exam in latin for my school</p>

<p>History Honor society
2007-2008 president
11th and 12th grade</p>

<p>Science Honor Society
11th and 12th grade</p>

<p>Math honor society
11th and 12th grade
English Honor Society</p>

<p>12th grade</p>

<p>National Honor Society</p>

<p>Science Club president 2007-2008</p>

<p>IB Leadership Union member 1/10 in my class
within this union I am creating an IB Honor Code that will be used by my school for however long the IB program is in place</p>

<p>Other distinguishing factors:</p>

<p>I'm doing a fundraising activity which involves me selling stress balls to different IB Schools on the NorthEast coast. Using the funds made, me and one other kid are going to buy Spanish Bio textbooks for kids in the galapagos islands</p>

<p>I'm doing a project for the National Library of Congress </p>

<p>I'm involved in the coordination of a school program called Challenge Day, <a href="http://www.challengeday.org/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.challengeday.org/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Worked as a QA assitant for an OTC Pharmacuetical company for 3 summers</p>

<p>Working within Ron Paul's campaign for President.</p>

<p>im in spanish honor society as well</p>

<p>bump 10 char</p>

<p>I think your charity project is very interesting. I think you have a good chance, with a 3.9 GPA and 1470 SAT. Gtown acceptance is around 20% though, so it's tough, but apply EA!</p>

<p>you have a very good chance, but definitely apply early. i had similar stats but applied regular and was waitlisted.</p>

<p>This isn't to Georgetown College, this is to Walsh just to reitirate. Thanks guys.</p>

<p>bump 10 char</p>

<p>bump 10 char</p>

<p>jesus anyone? lol</p>

<p>SFS is very selective... you definitely have a shot... it would be inaccurate to say a 40% chance etc... because to the admissions committee you are either (for Early Action), admit, defer, or reject... or for Regular Action, admit, reject, or waitlist... a few are clear-admits... and then the others battle each other with their supposedly spectacular ECs and essays... my advice... I'm in Georgetown now... focus on the essays, let them speak for you in front of the admissions officers... mostly everyone have great ECs, 4.0 GPAs, solid SATs, high class rank, and perfect recommendations... only for the essay is each man or women on his or her own... good luck...</p>