Chances at Harvard and others of its caliber?

<p>Current School: Top20 LAC
Current Standing: Sophomore
GPA: 4.00+
Expected Rank after current semester: 1 or 2
Major: Economics
Financial Aid: Yes (needed)
SAT: 1420 (old)
SAT 2: N/A
EC: not too good. About 2 scholars, little bit of club sports, bunch of different clubs.

<p>Lets assume my essay and teacher rec.Rocks</p>

<p>How do I fair at these institutions?
Harvard
Wellesley
Stanford
Darthmouth
MIT sloan
Cornell
Yale
Columbia
Swarthmore
Amherst
Upenn not wharton
Umich Ross
Berkerley Haas
Wesleyan
Rice</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>This is a silly thread. You obviously fair an excellent chance at each of those schools. Although I don't think you'll be able to do UMich Ross since they went to the 3 year program and you've already completed 2 (unless you wanted to go for 5 years ugrad total). Many of those are extremely competitive, but I'd say in at Rice, Wes, and Penn. The rest are up in the air and will hinge on your reasons. You should also be a good shot for Haas as long as you make sure to take the requirements - which many fail to do.</p>

<p>hmmm. I wouldn't say in at Penn but in at amherst, swarthmore, wesleyan, rice, darthmouth maybe? but you have a chance* unlike some at those places.</p>

<p>The list of colleges are in the descending order of most favorite to least.
Why is this a silly thread? I don't think my chances in the level of calling it obvious.
And thanks for info about Ross, erase that from the list.</p>

<p>what college do you go to, and brand is right, this is a silly thread because with a 4.0 gpa, u can get into anywhere, and its obvious...</p>

<p>your college ranks? what the.</p>

<p>about the college i go to, I'd like to keep it private, but it is in the last half of top 20.
Also I disagree with you mojojojo69 that with 4.0 gpa, u can get into anywhere because that is not true.
I really want to go to Harvard or Stanford, and those places take less than 10% of all the applications.</p>

<p>Yes, my college ranks as with most smaller colleges.</p>

<p>Here is what I think,
Percentage of success in admission of the colleges,</p>

<p>Harvard: 15%
Stanford: 15%
Yale: 10%
Wesly: 40%
Darthmouth: 40%
Cornell: 20%
Columbia: 15%</p>

<p>I want your 2 cents. I know some of you might think i'm over acting on this whole transfer thing but i'm really nervous about my chances at those dream schools of mine.</p>

<p>Well I won't get into percentages because that'll get messy and I'll have little to base my numbers on. If you want my opinion, tell yourself and us why you like each school so you can cut your list down, as you have WAY too many schools. If you really want to give each school your best, you may want to get down to around 10 - or at least make sure that you have subtantial reasoning for each school. </p>

<p>I'd cross off UMich Ross (like you've said you will), Haas (if you don't have reqs), and possibly MIT Sloan because the transfer rate to MIT alone is atrocious (4% I believe?). Start with your reasons and we can go from there, as your stats don't actually tell the whole story and for someone in your position wanting to apply to that many amazing schools, we can't give you a good analysis without an idea of what makes each school appealing.</p>

<p>I want to have best options and choices in the job market when I graduate. </p>

<p>The career services at my school isn't too good and very few i-bank, consulting companies recruit at my school. I want to go to a school where the diploma can be a marketable asset, many financial companies recruit at, and where I can find more students like myself who want to become next generation of CEOs, entrepreneurs and Wall streeters.</p>

<p>You are female? This should help because it is mostly guys that major in business.</p>

<p>What is your race? </p>

<p>I dunno, but I don't think it is THAT rare to have a 4.0 for econ majors. Your EC's are lack luster, and I think top business programs want to see entreprenurial experience or instincts, not just scholarship. </p>

<p>I would say you have a good shot at the less selective schools, and a long shot at the top ones.</p>

<p>Everyone is a longshot at Harvard and Stanford.</p>

<p>In order to get into Dartmouth, the first step is to spell it right =). </p>

<p>And she is female, or else Wellesley woudl be out of the running. I think you're a sure-in there, as an aside.</p>

<p>Based on what I've read from others who have SUCCESSFULLY transferred to Ivies (as opposed to others who go so far as to give percentages based on pure skepticism), your stats don't get you in, you're recs and reason for transferring do. That said the better your numbers the less chance you have of getting denied for not meeting basic criteria.</p>

<p>Wellesley might be your very best bet, based on your goals. Although CEO's and entrepreneurs are most often from state schools, "lesser" schools or they walked away from college.</p>

<p>I don't know Wellesley's current transfer acceptance rate, although I transferred there myself during the dark ages.</p>