<p>Doing the IB Diploma, report grades
7 Physics
7 Chemistry
7 Math HL
7 English A1
6 German A2
7 Info. Tech
7 Further Math</p>

<p>Also am student council chair, play music for 12 years and do hobby computer programming. And I had a great interview.
I know that stats are good, but I also know that some kids applying to MIT do this amazing science research during high school. How important is that?</p>

<p>Important, but not that important at the same time. Good SAT like urs (both I and II) esp. II will help u a great deal. U should get in with no probs. IB scores are fantastic. that 6 will NOT hurt you, and that string of 7s will guarantee u a place anywhere.</p>

<p>I'd say Northwestern would definately take you. I'd give you a 50% chance at MIT, because your profile is pretty typical for applicants, since alot of the lower applicants scare them selves before applying. They are Division I school that emphasizes sports a lot, so those are the kids that bring the average SAT/ACT scores down. Research at MIT is probably more important than at most schools (except for Caltech), to show that you are willing to go the extra mile and accomplish something in unknown territory. The other small things they will look at are:</p>

<p>1.) Leadership
2.) Community Service
3.) Multicultral/Diversity (joined a group that expresses diversity)
4.) Work Experience</p>