Chances at Northwestern

<p>Hi, Im a rising junior from Illinois and was wondering if I even had a shot at Northwestern. </p>

<p>GPA: 3.9/4 UW
SAT I: 2100
ACT: 31
SAT IIs: USH 750 Bio 720
Extracurriculars: President of Speech and Debate Team, created a microfinance company, Scholastic Bowl, Student Council, NHS(running for president), Spanish National Honor Society
2010 Tom Cross Youth Council: Tom Cross is the house minority leader in the house of reps for illinois.
I will be interning for a congressman over the summer as well.
Awards: National Qualifier for forensics, Sectional Champion in Impromptu Speaking and Second place at sectionals for extemporaneous speaking</p>

<p>Do I have a shot?</p>

<p>now i'm no expert, but i say you definitely have a shot as long as you emphasize certain parts about yourself too. also, i guess emphasize anything that may have to do with your prospective major.</p>

<p>If you have time, study hard for the standardized tests and get that 2200 or 33. It will make you even more of a favorable applicant since those scores are kind of low. Like the previous poster said, definitely emphasize the other aspects of your application, but try and smooth over this weaker point.</p>

<p>There's a microfinance club on campus that is pretty premature, you could look into that too.</p>

<p>Do u know the name of that club?</p>

<p>Nu microfinance... Haha. Probably about 100 or so people on the listserv but not that much leadership yet.</p>