Chances at U of C for IB student

<p>Hi everyone,</p>

<p>I am going to be applying to Cornell, NYU and UChicago. UChicago is my first choice. </p>

<p>School: Upper Canada College (private school in Toronto Canada)
IB Student
Asian Male</p>

<p>I have written it twice, and kind of freaked out on the Writing / Critical Reading sections the first time</p>

<p>SAT:
M 790
CR 570
W 570</p>

<p>I haven't received batch 2 of results, but I am hoping for ~650 in CR and W which is on par with my practice tests.</p>

<p>SAT IIs (Dec 2006)</p>

<p>Math IIC
Chem</p>

<p>SATII havent taken them yet
I expect about 780-800 on math IIC
and idk 750+ on chem and bio</p>

<p>Average: 94.5% (we don't get GPAs)</p>

<p>IB:</p>

<p>HL English A1 5+
HL Chemistry 6+
HL Physics 6+
SL Math 7
SL Economics 7
SL Spanish 6</p>

<p>This is pretty much the hardest arrangement of IB subjects you can take. The only thing that would make it harder would be taking HL Math and SL English. </p>

<p>Recs:
I currently have 4 teachers enthusiastically willing to write me recommendations. All of them are excellent writers. The recs should be excellent. </p>

<p>ECs:</p>

<p>Awards:</p>

<p>Duke of Ed Silver
Outward Bound (Camping Company) pin
National Post/Wilfred Laurier University Stock Competition, Winner of First Prize
Pascal Mathematics Competition· Certificate for performing in the top 25% of Ontario High School Students
Cayley Math Competition· Certificate for performing in the top 25% of Ontario High School Students
Fermat Math Competition· Certificate for performing in the top 25% of Ontario High School Students</p>

<p>Volunteer Activities:</p>

<p>Tutoring inner-cities kids twice a week for 2 hours each time. I have been doing it for 3 years with different schools. Over 200h of time spent. </p>

<p>Food Bank at my mosque</p>

<p>Leadership:</p>

<p>Head of Accomodations, Executive Committee at the National World Affairs Conference. </p>

<p>School prefect.</p>

<p>Clubs:</p>

<p>Choir (1 yr)
Flute (2 yrs)
Piano (3 yrs)</p>

<p>Sports:</p>

<p>Cricket (JV)
Tennis (U16)
Squash (U15)
Recreational Tennis + Badminton</p>

<p>Head of Investment Club</p>

<p>Member of Debating - have been to two tournaments. </p>

<p>School Newspaper.</p>

<p>Work Experience:</p>

<p>AMEX Karachi, Travel Consultant
Gulf Air Head Office Toronto, Travel Consultant
Shabbir Tiles: Karachi, Accountant
Jubilee Travel: My own home-based travel agent. </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I think you have a very good chance. University of Chicago is a self-selective school, basically. Spend a lot of time on the essays. I assume you are applying regular?</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am applying regular.</p>

<p>if you get at least a 650 on your cr and writing SAT scores, i think you'll have a very good shot.</p>