Chances at UC Berkeley and Stanford

<p>Hi, I am a junior in high school and want to attend uc berkeley or stanford. people say I will get in berkeley because my sister graduated from there and I am a very rare minority: Afghan and I am a female. </p>

<p>GPA: 3.8 unweighted 3.9 weighted
AP US History - 5
AP chemistry - 4
AP calculus bc - 5
AP English - 4</p>

<p>SAT I - 1375</p>

<p>EC-
Founder/President of Afghan Club - going into 4 years
CSF member - 4 years (planning on being a member senior year)
Interact - 2 years
100+ hours community service
conflict mediator
peer tutor</p>

<p>What are my chances at UC Berkeley or Stanford. Thanks!</p>

<p>In-state or out-of-state? and 1375 isn't an SAT score.</p>

<p>UC Berkeley and UCs on whole will only take the new SAT. (and, especially if you're a junior, hurry on up and get your SAT IIs done) If you're in-state, without knowing your UC GPA... Berkeley is a pretty far reach (with a 1375 equivalent on the new SAT) and for Stanford - your ECs are looking a tad bare, unless you have something else that will make you stand out, in essays or other things.</p>

<p>Incidentally, I don't think siblings count as legacy.</p>

<p>::raises BS flag::</p>

<p>It's impossible to get a 1375 on the SAT. Scores go in increments of 10.</p>

<p>Being Afghanese won't help you for UC Berkeley. The UC's do not use Affirmative Action, nor do they take into account any family member who went there.</p>

<p>If your real SAT score is somewhere around 1370 I would say that Berkeley and Stanford are reaches (AA will help you for stanford admissions, though I'm not clear how much). I would put your chances of getting into Berkeley at 30% and Stanford at remote, depending on your class rank. If you are in the top 10% of your class, you've got a decent chance of getting into Stanford.</p>

<p>However, you have a Very good shot at San Diego, Davis, and any of the other UC's excluding LA. Also consider applying to USC- your stats seem to be right at their acceptance numbers, and your ethinicity will help you there.</p>