Chances at UChicago, Reed College, Syracuse, UPitt-Bradford, UIC, and Purdue?

<p>Hey guys I know these threads can be super annoying but I was wondering if I could get some input on chances for: University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, University of Chicago, Purdue University, University of Illinois at Chicago, Syracuse University and Reed College.</p>

<p>Ethnicity: South East Asian and Hispanic
State: NJ
Religion: Muslim
School: moderately competitive, public</p>

<p>GPA: 3.2/4.0 UW
Course load: No APs, but all honors. I also took Algebra 2 during the summer in a month and got an A, if that may mean anything.</p>

<p>Personal Statement: How DYFS took my away from my parents this year and how I had to take care of my younger sister who has anorexia.
Prospective Major: Social Work, Social Services and/or Psychology </p>

<p>EX: EMT, Founder and President of a cancer movement, been in student government for all four years of high school, held high positions, I work part time (20 hrs a week), president and varsity debater, model UN</p>

<p>I was actually deferred from UChicago EA which really surprised me haha. </p>

<p>I interviewed at UChicago, Syracuse, and Reed College, and all three interviews were awesome.</p>

<p>Is anyone willing to help a sista out? Also, if you know any other schools that accept students of my stats please let me know. If I like them more I'd totally cut out one of the schools I chose.</p>

<p>You have some very unique, hardly ever seen qualities in applicants for some of these schools which is a great thing, but even with that, your GPA is going to hurt a lot for those schools. What'd you get on the SAT/ACT? Its hard to give a chance without knowing those statistics.</p>

<p>Oh right thank you for reminding me to provide those stats.
I got a 1620 on my SATs and a 25 on my ACTs.
And I do think my qualities are extremely unique, therefore I find it hard to make a decision if a school will accept me. </p>

<p>Thanks for the help, and yes I do know my GPA will hurt me. You definitely see the incline and decline in my grades. But if colleges take a look at my state wide test scores than I am more than in perfect shape because I perform either average or above average.</p>

<p>Unfortunately I think UChicago and Illinois are going to be completely out and the rest will be reaches. The unfortunate truth is that no matter how good your ECs or essays are, highly selective schools will hardly even look at your application unless you have a high SAT/GPA. I would still apply to them but make sure you have a safety school that you would really like to go to.</p>

<p>Should be fine at UIC and a good shot at Purdue. Purdue is not known for Humanities. UIC does have social work but it is a graduate degree.</p>