Chances for a bad Highschool GPA, and moderately good Community College GPA

<p>Hey everyone, I’m new to College Confidential, and kind of posted this in a different forum but it definitely fits this one better.</p>

<p>Stats:
High School: Public; 2.2 Weighted GPA</p>

<p>Community College: 47 credits; 3.75-3.8 GPA</p>

<p>EC’s/Work: Youth baseball assistant couch, youth baseball ump, volunteer work, managed polls in the 2012 election, worked on the local Obama campaign 2012, internship with an HVAC in high school for a summer senior year, work at PetCo as an aquatic specialist for 2 years 20-30 hours a week while also doing Community College, and have built up a political website on my own that makes $20-50 a month in ad revenue (it’s small, but it relates to my major well).</p>

<p>side note- the campus I attend now isn’t the main campus so there is hardly any clubs, especially in any of my interests so that’s why I’m not as involved with the school. </p>

<p>Hook: Hispanic, only one parent attended college and it was only for 2 years at a community college (not sure if that’s a hook). </p>

<p>So as you can see my high school GPA was horrible but my community college GPA is pretty decent.</p>

<p>I would be applying as a Political Science major to these schools:</p>

<p>Georgetown University
George Washington University
American University
University of Pittsburgh (in-state)
University of Miami
University of Southern California
Cornell University
Brown University
New York University
Pepperdine University
Claremont Mckenna College
UCLA/UCB
University of Michigan </p>

<p>I still have to take the SAT/ACT to apply to Georgetown.</p>

<p>Anyways, so do you think I have any chance of getting into any of these? I have heard that a bad high school GPA and good CC GPA shows signs of maturity and can be seen as good but I’m still pretty worried about how bad it will look. Also if you would like to recommend any other schools that’d be appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>Georgetown University-reach
American University-match
University of Pittsburgh (in-state)-match
University of Miami-safety
Cornell University-reach
Brown University-reach
New York University-reach</p>