Chances for a stunning beauty

<p>Academics
Cumulative (9-11) Unweighted GPA: 3.972
Cumulative Weighted GPA: 4.250
UC GPA: 4.375</p>

<p>AP Scores
European History: 4
Statistics:
Senior AP tests to take: Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Environmental Science, Calculus AB, Spanish Literature</p>

<p>Test Scores
SAT I
May ’07
590 CR/650 M/610 W (1850)
<goal> 650 CR/750 M/ 660 W (2060)
SAT II
June ‘07
Math Level II 710 <hopefully will="" be="" 750="">
Spanish w/listening <at least="" 700="">
ACT – will take in September</at></hopefully></goal></p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities
California Scholarship Federation (CSF) (10,11,12)
National Honor Society (NHS) (11,12)
Spanish Honor Society (11,12)
- officer position
American Red Cross Club (11,12)
Science Buddies (11)
Mexico Mission 2007 <built houses="" w="" church="" (11)="" (sports)="" track="" &="" field="" <2="" yrs="" jv,="" 2="" v=""> (9,10,11,12)
Competitive Soccer (9,10,11)
Recreational Basketball (9,10,11,12)</built></p>

<p>Academic Awards
Biology Departmental Award (9)
Principal’s Honor Roll (9,10,11,12)
CSF Lifetime Member</p>

<p>Work Experience
Private Tutoring
Yachting Company based in France (Summer '06)
Administrative work at local medical office</p>

<p>Chances @ UCSD, UCB, UCLA, UC Davis, Stanford, Georgetown</p>

<p>In-state (CA) White male,....</p>

<p>So, Mr. Beautiful, do you want to post your pic so we can chance you for GQ?</p>

<p>unfortunately my agent is not in today, sry :(</p>

<p>super reach stanford, maybe ucb,ucla,georgetown probably ucsd, ucd</p>

<p>lol a stunning beauty</p>

<p>dont know about those schools, but you're chances are great for clown college ;)</p>

<p>reach everywhere except possibly ucsd and ucd. 18whatever probably won't cut it at any of the other schools.</p>

<p>First of all, your UC GPA can't be higher than your weighted GPA because UC GPA is your weighted GPA but capped at 8 semesters.</p>

<p>With that, I'd say Stanford is a reach, UCB/UCLA/Georgetown are slight reaches, and UCSD/UCD are matches. But Stanford might take you because Stanford is pretty shallow.</p>

<p>UC calculates a student's GPA based on all UC-required "a-g" courses taken in the 10th and 11th grades. This change made the GPA used to determine eligibility consistent with the GPA campuses use when they are selecting students and with the GPA students are advised to calculate themselves when they estimate their eligibility</p>

<p>...the model just owned a senior member</p>

<p>*my weighted GPA is from 9-11</p>

<p>you know. i think that you can get into spring for UCB cause thats what happened to me! and we pretty much have the same scores, if you get your SAT score up only 100 points (my final was 1970), but my gpa was slightly higher because i had a 4.0 (maybe that accounts for my crappy sat score) i dunno. most likely you can get into all the UCs with a higher sat score, but no way for stanford or georgetown. write some gooooood essays</p>

<p>I'm virtually guaranteed at Davis...there'd be a major protest/ sh** fit from my parents if I didn't get in</p>

<p>First of all, you wrote (9-11) for unweighted, but not for weighted or UC GPA, which would lead one to believe that the latter two are for 10-11 only, which is how the UCs calculate your weighted GPA anyway, so I'm not sure why you gave us the 9-11 weighted GPA in the first place. Secondly, your UC GPA looks suspiciously high for that weighted GPA. If you took 6 classes 10-11 grade, got all As, and took as many honors/APs as you can, it would still only give you a 4.33. I suppose you took barely 8 honors/APs, had another class or two in 10-11th grade that didn't count towards UC GPA, and had no (or very few) honors/AP classes in 9th grade that dragged down your weighted somehow, but it's a pretty strange situation. Anyway, I didn't come to argue about your grades. I took them at face value and gave you your chances.</p>

<p>And yeah, I'd be surprised if you didn't get into Davis or SD.</p>

<p>UC GPA = 10-11 a-g</p>

<p>9th: no honors classes offered (all A's)
10th: 2-3 honors offered (took 1- all A's)
11th: 4 honors/AP (1 B)</p>

<p>10th:
1st sem: 4.16667
2nd: 4.16667</p>

<p>11th"
1st sem.: 4.66667
2nd sem: 4.5000</p>

<p>avg of 10th/11th = 4.375 (which they also refer to at my public CA high school as your college prep GPA)</p>

<p>...thanks fo the help though</p>

<p>Shouldnt you already have received your acceptance letters already?</p>

<p>what?????????????? I've been using my brother's account (he's going to Stanford) recently if that's what you mean????</p>

<p>Obviously, you can't post a thread like this without linking us to some images.</p>

<p>i can't without giving away my name...lol</p>

<p>So your a Junior currently? Going to be a Senior next year in HS???</p>