<p>I am a high school senior looking at schools in the Boston area. What do you think my chances of getting into Northeastern are? What about scholarships?
Do you think I would have a chance at getting a full ride?</p>
ACT: 31 (35 English, 35 Reading, 29 Math, 25 Science) <em>retaking in September</em></p>
<p>GPA: 3.85 unweighted at a very competitive residential high school that teaches all classes on a college-level. My school neither ranks nor weights GPA, but is good enough to have been listed as one of Newsweek's Public Elites in past years.</p>
<p>Senior Schedule (year): Calculus II, Physics III, Latin Poetry, Expository Writing, U.S. Foreign Policy, Calculus III, Emergence of Modern Russia II, Creative Writing, British Literature, and Era of FDR.</p>
- Founder and Editor-in-Chief of my own online technology news publication, PC</a> Fastlane- Tech News & Reviews, which has been mentioned on USA Today's website and is taken seriously enough that companies send me free products to review. I also own several other websites, which together earn thousands of dollars per year as my own business that I am in the process of incorporating.
- 200+ volunteer hours at Katrina-affected hospital.
- Designed website for said hospital as well as local high school.
- 2-year internship with National Center for Preservation Technology Training (a government agency that is part of the National Park Service)
- #2 at State Literary Rally in Computer Science (9th grade)
- Speech & Debate President
-JCL (Junior Classical League) (went to state convention and placed in numerous events)
- Young Democrats Vice President
<p>Intended Majors: International Affairs in combination with business or possibly some major that prepares me for law.</p>
<p>I am in an unusual predicament. My family doesn't qualify for a lot of need-based aid on paper, but due to unusual circumstances, won't be able to help me pay for college. What part(s) of my application should I improve to make myself competitive for a full ride? I know my ACT isn't the best, which is why I am retaking it. Also, does being from Louisiania, a geographical minority, give me a boost in admissions or scholarships?</p>
Recs: Great to outstanding
<p>Thanks for the help.</p>