Chances for Biology major at Brown, Cornell, UCSD, U of MI and U of Miami

<p>Applied to :</p>

<p>Brown
Cornell
UCSD
U of Michigan
U of Miami</p>

<p>Biology (concentration in Marine Biology where available)</p>

<p>ethnicity: White/Female
school: Well regarded public school in far NW New Jersey (top 2 students last year got into Harvard and MIT)</p>

<p>GPA: 3.96/4.30
Ranking: School does not rank except for top 2. I am either #2 or #3 out of 402
SAT I: 2100 (CR 670 W 740 M 690) Got very sick night before which stunk!
SAT II: Bio 790 Chem 770 Math II 720
AP: Total of 11
Soph:Physics B(4)/U.S. History(4)
Junior: Calc ab(5)/Bio(5)/Lang and Comp(4)/World History(5)
Senior: Chem/Env. Science/Calc bc/Lit and Comp/French
All other classes honors, hardest schedule permitted.
Took College Algebra course at local college btw. 10th and 11th grade to jump ahead in math and got A.</p>

<p>EC:
IDI (Inform Defend Improve) Biology Club
President- grade 12 (9th 10th 11th 12th grade)
Science League (10th 11th 12th grade)
Math League (12th grade)
Mini-MORT (FIRST LEGO Robotics Team) Team Member then Mentor (9th 10th grade)Debate Team (9th 10th 11th 12th grade)
2007 Championships 2nd Place Negative Team
2007 Overall Season 2nd Place Negative Team
Gay-Straight Alliance (11th 12th grade)
Treasurer- grade 12</p>

<p>National Honor Society (11th 12th grade)
Mount Olive World Language Honor Society - French (10th 11th 12th grade)
Tri-M Music Honor Society For Violin and Double Bass (11th 12th grade)
Girl Scouts–Silver Award/Working on Gold Award
Mount Olive Press (9th 10th 11th grade)
Church Choir (Age 6-present)</p>

<p>Mount Olive Swim Team (9th 10th 11th 12th grade) Mt. Olive Varsity Award 05-06,
06-07, 07-08 seasons
Flanders Valley Swim Team (9th 10th 11th 12th grade)</p>

<p>150+ volunteer hours</p>

<p>Awards:
Bausch & Lomb Honorary Science Award 2008
New Jersey Governor’s School on the Environment 2008
AP Scholar with Distinction Award 2008
SUMO Invitational Orchestra 2008</p>

<p>I don’t see any problems with your stats. All the schools you listed should be very happy to have someone with your ECs!</p>

<p>SAT is a little on the lower end, but everything else looks great!</p>

<p>In at everywhere, except Brown, which I think is a crapshoot for anybody. I would say you have good chances anywhere you apply!</p>

<p>Forgot to mention I was deferred ED, Cals Cornell. What are my chances of getting in after deferral?</p>

<p>bump bump bump</p>

<p>Wow ^ really, deferred from Cornell? I’m pretty surprised!</p>

<p>I think your extracurriculars are excellent, obvious you on in the top of your class, I don’t see why they rejected you!</p>

<p>Saying this, I say getting in after deferral looks bright…</p>

<p>People with stats much better than mine, SAT 800 M, 770 CR, etc., and amazing ec’s were flat out rejected from Cornell this year. It was a utter carnage!</p>

<p>Merry Christmas All!!!</p>