Hello, I am a female high school senior from Panama, currently considering applying to The Cooper Union for Architecture.
Here are my grades and extracurriculars
- Rank: has not been disclosed by my school but definitely Top 50%
- Unweighted GPA: 3,4 out of 4.0 - My school does not have APs so no weighted GPA.
- Not submitting SAT or ACT, I’m submitting a 10-piece art portfolio.
- I’ll submit the Duolingo English Test, not done it yet but i’ve been practicing .
- Flag Football: Currently play on 3 teams. Team Captain and represented my country on international tournaments in Mexico and the United States. (2017-2020)
- Debate Club Press Corp: I edit and record videos and manage social media for my school’s debate club. (2018-2020)
- Online store: I started an online clothing store this year to help a my family because of financial problems due to Covid-19. I sell totally custom and unique pieces. (2020)
- Church member: Aside from going to confirmation classes every Friday I also occasionally attend church activities, reunions and friendly soccer matches. (2019-2020)
- Dance: Participate on school dance shows and presentations since freshman year. (2017-2020)
- Talent Show: In 2019, my class organized a Talent Show where I was a member of both decoration and the tickets committee.
- Family responsabilities: Take care of my 7 y/o sister on weekdays when my mom works. (2017-2020)
What are my chances?
I know there are many missing factors, like how much my essay and portfolio and those two will greatly impact my application. But let me know where I stand at least with what I have.
If you have other school with great intl financial aid, and safer to get into instead I would appreciate it.