Chances for CSU Long Beach, Occidental College, CSU LA and University of San Diego

I’m currently a community college student from Illinois looking to transfer to a four year university next spring. As of right now:
GPA: 3.5/4/0

Intended Major: English, Journalism or Environmental Studies

Significant Extracurricular Activities: Member of the Literary Arts Society at my school, have been published in my school’s literary magazine twice, dance troupe performer and choreographer, hundreds of hours of volunteering for various Chicago-based nonprofits, (holding leadership positions in some), employed with my school’s hospitality and culinary arts program for two semesters.

Other: I have a three month internship in Los Angeles this summer with a non profit animal rights organization where I’ll be doing community outreach, writing blogs, and doing various office work.

My education background is slightly unorthodox. I was homeschooled until I was 15, which is when I finished online high school and started taking community college classes. I will be graduating with an associate of arts degree in English at the end of this summer, at age 18. Due to this, I don’t have SAT or ACT scores. I was planning on using this untraditional background as an asset when writing personal statements and essays.

I’m planning on apply to the following schools, and would really appreciate it if people told me what kind of chances they think I have.

Cal State Long Beach
Cal State Los Angeles
Occidental College
University of San Diego
University of Illinois at Chicago
Portland State University

Thanks!

You should take the SAT and ACT. I’m fairly certain CSUs require it. Other than that, you seem a likely admit for all of the CSUs; I cannot say for the others.

SAT/ACT is not considered for Transfer applicants. Will you have 60 semester/90 quarter units by Spring 2017 for transfer?

I think you have an excellent chance at CSULA and a very good chance at Occidental/CSULB.

Good Luck.

Yes, I’ll have 64 semester units at the time of my transfer.

Thank you!